Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help on CFG-file

Kenneth - You say you downloaded a complete aircraft, which sounds like one. Did the other 4 aircraft ever fly? This has me puzzled and I don't see too many others having any answers/solutions, so we have to ask questions which might give us a clue!

Rick

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I always thought any aircraft from an earlier sim you need to delete the panel and sound file then add a panel and sound from a similar aircraft from FSX.
    I always do this with ai aircraft is it the same with flyables?

Col.

3. Default

To be honest I don't know why you are using the Project Opensky Airbus A330 in FSX when there is the Thomas Ruth A330 series which has native FSX models, panel & a good VC. Do a search in the library for toma332b.zip, toma333b-1.zip & toma3mrt.zip.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    To be honest I don't know why you are using the Project Opensky Airbus A330 in FSX when there is the Thomas Ruth A330 series which has native FSX models, panel & a good VC. Do a search in the library for toma332b.zip, toma333b-1.zip & toma3mrt.zip.
    +1

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    -1 Easy for us to do, but this guy is having problems just making his aircraft show. Let's not make him crazy by having to copy all of those files from the default A321 and make sure they go into the proper places! I think we should all relax and see if he's willing to reply to any/all of our responses.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Yes, Charlie, the OP is so close! Just looking at his copies he attached, we all are missing something here, and I for one am very anxious to see how this all "plays out!" I looked at his copies many times, and I know my eyes are going bad, but did not see anything that would prevent him from enjoying these aircraft!

Good luck Kenneth!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Yes, Charlie, the OP is so close! Just looking at his copies he attached, we all are missing something here, and I for one am very anxious to see how this all "plays out!" I looked at his copies many times, and I know my eyes are going bad, but did not see anything that would prevent him from enjoying these aircraft!

Good luck Kenneth!

Rick
    Like I said way earlier....ain't nuttin' wrong with the .cfg file he posted. I'll bet money that he doesn't have "Show All Variations" checked on his Aircraft Select Page.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Yes, it's got to be something he hasn't shown you yet! And you sent him the page and showed him what to look for! Oh well, I'm just anxious to see what it ends up being!

Have a great day Charlie!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Yes, it's got to be something he hasn't shown you yet! And you sent him the page and showed him what to look for! Oh well, I'm just anxious to see what it ends up being!

Have a great day Charlie!

Rick
    You , also! I ain't holding my breath for his return!

10. Default

Downwind,
    You say you want to see a response.
    But think about what you said in the thread. You made clear that you looked at the aircraft.cfg he sent, and in your infinite wisdom there is nothing wrong.
    That's very close to saying "kenneth2300" is making a lot of fuss about nothing.
    And that's not really going to make him reply any faster. Probably going to do the oppisite.
    ||
    Saying he's making a fuss about nothing a few more times won't help.
    If you really want a response, it's usually best to just wait for one.
    People can be busy. With work, or other things.

------------------------------------------
    Kenneth2300

I assume you are using this download:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...nsky-a330-300/

That plane shows fine when installed in FSX Acceleration. I checked.

But...
    When I replace the aircraft.cfg file from the download with your aircraft.cfg file....
    It no longer works.
    The plane then no longer shows uin the "Select Aircraft list"

One ting that is different in your aircraft.cfg file
    is that it has a whole bunch of

CameraDefinition
    sections.

[CameraDefinition.0]

[CameraDefinition.1]
    etc.

I don't know if those sections are what is causing the problem. There are probably other differences as well.

I didn't look at "how to fix your file". I don't have time to go through your whole file for the exact cause of the problem. The cameradefinition sections are just what I noticed first.

I guess the fast and simple simple solution is to download the aircraft again. (link above). And to install that.
    Or to at least use the aircraft.cfg file from that download.
    That should get the plane to show up.

I assume the aircraft.cfg file you posted was something you had edited.
    I would start over with the fresh aircraft.cfg file and do you edits again more carefully.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast