Problem with flight physics

Hunonymous

I'm having a problem with some mod aircraft i got, that is when landing by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much than it should making landing very difficult, i also remember of this happening to the iFly 747

but any way i can change this?

I'm having a problem with some mod aircraft i got, that is when landing by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much than it should making landing very difficult, i also remember of this happening to the iFly 747

but any way i can change this?

What have you done to cause this? There are no freeware aircraft that this is happening to, so either you have d/l'd from some bizarre bunch of numpties, or you have committed some calamitous error in setup.

For either, you need to supply further information...

Hello Hunonymous,

Perhaps you have selected the "Reverse" checkboxes for "Ailerons Axis - X Axis" and/or "Elevator Axis - Y Axis"

If so, open your FSX Settings > Controls - On the "CONTROL AXES" tab make sure there are no checks in "Reverse" Column for the above 2 items.

In flight, press: to see menu bar.

Then click "aircraft"--"realism settings".

Reduce the settin for "p-factor" and for "torque".

(for certain aircraft you will actually need to increase those settings. For example A2A addons.

See these threads:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/338002-realism-settings/

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49161

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much

Perhaps you are describing adverse yaw, which I have been unsuccessful in modifying. If this is indeed your issue, you could look at this thread for all the things people suggested.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Perhaps you are describing adverse yaw, which I have been unsuccessful in modifying. If this is indeed your issue, you could look at this thread for all the things people suggested.

i think it may be that but i'm not sure heres a pic explaining what happens

https://imgur.com/a/gS2AaHv

when i'm trying to approach a runway, i'm totally lined up, i get some crosswind i try to compensate by rolling left but the plane moves right and i totally get unlined with the runway just like in the pic

i think it may be that but i'm not sure heres a pic explaining what happens

https://imgur.com/a/gS2AaHv

when i'm trying to approach a runway, i'm totally lined up, i get some crosswind i try to compensate by rolling left but the plane moves right and i totally get unlined with the runway just like in the pic

The picture isn't really helping. Guessing again, you are trying to land in a crosswind and have noticed that the wind blows you sideways. This shouldn't be surprising. You have to point your nose slightly into wind to compensate, which means you will be flying a bit sideways as you approach the runway.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

The picture isn't really helping. Guessing again, you are trying to land in a crosswind and have noticed that the wind blows you sideways. This shouldn't be surprising. You have to point your nose slightly into wind to compensate, which means you will be flying a bit sideways as you approach the runway.

As Mark says, your picture is no help, but like as not the aircraft is flying in a stiff crosswind.

Either:

1: Don't fly in a stiff crosswind.

or

2: learn how to cross-control in windy conditions to counteract the effect.

Also worth reading up on the cross-effect of control surfaces:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

When you say you roll left but the aircraft moves right, 1) is the airplane rolling to the left with the nose moving to the right, 2) or is it rolling to the right, or is it rolling OK to the left but just sliding to the right? Each scenario described above has a different cause/solution.

1) This is adverse yaw, and it requires that rudder be coordinated with the aileron. Note, though, that some sim models have a faulty flight model that does this in such a way that rudder doesn't help very much.

2) This is reversed ailerons, and either needs a check box applied (as described previously) or needs the flight model fixed.

3) This is the cross wind situation and is fixed as described by mallcott.

The picture didn't help, but perhaps a more complete description of the aircraft behavior will help here, including what the nose does, what the wings do, and what the path is over the ground.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!