Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problem with flight physics

  1. Default Problem with flight physics

    I'm having a problem with some mod aircraft i got, that is when landing by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much than it should making landing very difficult, i also remember of this happening to the iFly 747

    but any way i can change this?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunonymous View Post
    I'm having a problem with some mod aircraft i got, that is when landing by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much than it should making landing very difficult, i also remember of this happening to the iFly 747

    but any way i can change this?
    What have you done to cause this? There are no freeware aircraft that this is happening to, so either you have d/l'd from some bizarre bunch of numpties, or you have committed some calamitous error in setup.

    For either, you need to supply further information...

  3. Default

    Hello Hunonymous,

    Perhaps you have selected the "Reverse" checkboxes for "Ailerons Axis - X Axis" and/or "Elevator Axis - Y Axis"
    If so, open your FSX Settings > Controls - On the "CONTROL AXES" tab make sure there are no checks in "Reverse" Column for the above 2 items.

  4. Default

    In flight, press: <Alt> to see menu bar.
    Then click "aircraft"--"realism settings".
    Reduce the settin for "p-factor" and for "torque".
    (for certain aircraft you will actually need to increase those settings. For example A2A addons.
    See these threads:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/3...lism-settings/

    https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49161

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunonymous View Post
    by using ailerons to roll to left the plane moves to the right and the same thing happens when rolling to the right, the plane goes to left, i know this is normal to happen but in this freeware this happens way too much
    Perhaps you are describing adverse yaw, which I have been unsuccessful in modifying. If this is indeed your issue, you could look at this thread for all the things people suggested.
    MarkH


  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hurst View Post
    Perhaps you are describing adverse yaw, which I have been unsuccessful in modifying. If this is indeed your issue, you could look at this thread for all the things people suggested.
    i think it may be that but i'm not sure heres a pic explaining what happens
    https://imgur.com/a/gS2AaHv
    when i'm trying to approach a runway, i'm totally lined up, i get some crosswind i try to compensate by rolling left but the plane moves right and i totally get unlined with the runway just like in the pic

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunonymous View Post
    i think it may be that but i'm not sure heres a pic explaining what happens
    https://imgur.com/a/gS2AaHv
    when i'm trying to approach a runway, i'm totally lined up, i get some crosswind i try to compensate by rolling left but the plane moves right and i totally get unlined with the runway just like in the pic
    The picture isn't really helping. Guessing again, you are trying to land in a crosswind and have noticed that the wind blows you sideways. This shouldn't be surprising. You have to point your nose slightly into wind to compensate, which means you will be flying a bit sideways as you approach the runway.
    MarkH


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hurst View Post
    The picture isn't really helping. Guessing again, you are trying to land in a crosswind and have noticed that the wind blows you sideways. This shouldn't be surprising. You have to point your nose slightly into wind to compensate, which means you will be flying a bit sideways as you approach the runway.
    As Mark says, your picture is no help, but like as not the aircraft is flying in a stiff crosswind.

    Either:
    1: Don't fly in a stiff crosswind.
    or
    2: learn how to cross-control in windy conditions to counteract the effect.

    Also worth reading up on the cross-effect of control surfaces:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    When you say you roll left but the aircraft moves right, 1) is the airplane rolling to the left with the nose moving to the right, 2) or is it rolling to the right, or is it rolling OK to the left but just sliding to the right? Each scenario described above has a different cause/solution.

    1) This is adverse yaw, and it requires that rudder be coordinated with the aileron. Note, though, that some sim models have a faulty flight model that does this in such a way that rudder doesn't help very much.

    2) This is reversed ailerons, and either needs a check box applied (as described previously) or needs the flight model fixed.

    3) This is the cross wind situation and is fixed as described by mallcott.

    The picture didn't help, but perhaps a more complete description of the aircraft behavior will help here, including what the nose does, what the wings do, and what the path is over the ground.

    Larry N.

    As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone know the in flight physics parameters of the game?
    By DarthSoda in forum Newcomer Services
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 01:34 AM
  2. Speed relativity in flight? (physics and real life)
    By hhans in forum Newcomer Services
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 12:40 AM
  4. The Physics of flight(for 2006 developers)
    By rpembert in forum FS2004
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 03:12 PM
  5. A Basic Flight Sim using physics, calc, & C++
    By Dre777 in forum The Outer Marker
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 02:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •