Daylight savings time change hosed FS9 ?

tstewart1963

Hi,

Never had a problem with fs9 with this problem before. After the dst change on sat nite, I turned on computer sunday morning and started fs9. It started generating scenery index's and then the scenery cfg as it has always done when the time change. This time right after this fs9 did not do anything and I got the message your computer has run out of available memory and it exits right away. I have plenty of memory and hdd space. I had my last backup on Nov 2nd prior to time change and reinstalled the total backup of entire disk and restarted and fs9 worked fine. Changed the date to today Nov 4th and fs9 went through the entire process again and same result as before-your computer has run out of available memory.

Anybody have a clue where to begin to debug this ? Also prior to doing the complete disc backup I tried restoring only the fs9 folder which was 69 gb. and same result with the memory.

Thank-You

I also noticed my FS9 generated new scenery indexes upon startup and I thought it was a bit odd, but it started up with no problems. I can't think of why a time change would affect FS9 so that it wouldn't start.

Larry