Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FS2004 users looking at buying the new MSFS?

It is REFRESHING to see that SOMEONE else KNOWS what he is about talking.

1. MS Office CRAP x 10

2. Windows 10 the same CRAP

I wrote to MS and ask whether I can UPDATE FS2004 by myself, ESPECIALLY the AI Engine, and keep it for myself and NOT make money on it !!

FS9 is PERFECT, some little incorrect flight related Rules, I.E. for AI goaround stupid, Traffic Pattern 10 miles out, Outer Marker Inbound Traffic etc.

All can be easely re Programmed.

BUT no replay from MS.

I even committed myself to buy EVERY new Flightsimulator like FSX, BUT not using the new STUFF,

but NO rep[ly.

I've sent them a list of 6 pages about what is wrong in FS2004, years ago when FS2004 came out, NO rep[ly.

ARROGANT A....

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

You wrote to Microsoft & asked if you could update FS2004 yourself?
    It should have been obvious as to why Microsoft did not reply to you, as we have all done our own updates for ourselves, with add-ons & other stuff, to tweak our FS2004 to make it unique to what each of us want!

Well done for buying EVERY new Simulator... Well, from Microsoft, there was just FSX, & I'm sure Microsoft had no idea as to who bought their simulators.

Maybe you can share with us exactly what you found was wrong with FS2004?

So, do tell us why you dislike Office so much, & what you are using in it's place?

Also, why you also dislike Windows 10? (Apart from the START menu, that can be replaced for free?)
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 11-06-2019 at 03:30 AM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WaistGunner View Post
    bam1220 - I downloaded the patch that you referenced:

To help this, have a look at https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
    Download & run the 4GB patch

This actually worked and made a nice improvement on my system when I run FS2004. Thanks for the tip!
    Didn't work. But thanks anyway.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    2. Cost? We have no idea at all, speculation only, on what the costs will be.
    Let the fun begin. Modern gaming!

Want an add-on plane for MSFS? How about a PMDG 737? Only $139.99! lol

At what point will people be prepared to say, "We won't accept that!"
    Mark Daniels

Maybe it's not a case of 'We'. Each one of us have different needs & expectations & we are NOT forced to buy anything. We all have choices to what we want & how much we want to spend. It's a personal not a collective 'WE' decision.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 11-10-2019 at 04:45 AM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

6. Default

Maybe it's not a case of 'We'. Each one of us have different needs & expectations & we are NOT forced to buy anything. We all have choices to what we want & how much we want to spend. It's a personal not a collective 'WE' decision.
    Not seeing beyond this is why things are where they are.
    Mark Daniels

Actually, the way things are, is that we will probably get an entertainment product hopefully before the end of 2020.

We have had an announcement from a developer that they will be releasing a product in about a years time that will/may be discounted if simmers buy the add-on for current sims.

People will either accept this, or buy the add-on when it is released after MSFS is launched.
    Those that will, obviously will have accepted those terms, or, if they want the add-on, they will buy it.

Each of us have in the past, & will in the future, put a value, monetary or otherwise, on what our hobby is worth to us, and will spend whatever we decide, on whatever add-ons we want for our hobby. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, & it is typical, as it has been for many years, for simmers to rant & complain about what we think that we are being ripped off.

Speak with your spending, instead of trying to change developers marketing strategies long before the sim, never mind the add-on has been released.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

8. Default

Actually, the way things are, is that we will probably get an entertainment product hopefully before the end of 2020.

We have had an announcement from a developer that they will be releasing a product in about a years time that will/may be discounted if simmers buy the add-on for current sims.

People will either accept this, or buy the add-on when it is released after MSFS is launched.
    Those that will, obviously will have accepted those terms, or, if they want the add-on, they will buy it.

Each of us have in the past, & will in the future, put a value, monetary or otherwise, on what our hobby is worth to us, and will spend whatever we decide, on whatever add-ons we want for our hobby. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, & it is typical, as it has been for many years, for simmers to rant & complain about what we think that we are being ripped off.

Speak with your spending, instead of trying to change developers marketing strategies long before the sim, never mind the add-on has been released.
    I just hope you will understand why you cannot have 7 MSFS installs when the time comes.

While people are out there exploiting, there will be some of those who are doing things for free to support your interests who will inevitably walk away.
    Mark Daniels

Fs9 more then suits me.

I have FSuX with all the mods. Doesn’t do it for me at all.

Only reason I’d try FSX version 2 - or P3Dud as it’s called I think - is to use Just Flights 747 Classic assuming it actually is any good.

X-Pain - tried it and it was awesome. Not. (I had to put that because if you write how terrible it really is, your posts get deleted. I thought that was only happening at JimYoungsAvsim and his merry men and his PMDG or nothing else domain. Guess not).

Maybe if FS12 runs ok, and has decent add-ons worth flying - Classic 747, 727 etc, I may switch. Otherwise, no.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Maybe if FS12 runs ok, and has decent add-ons worth flying - Classic 747, 727 etc, I may switch. Otherwise, no.
    I'm betting not. All the expectation is still over nothing more than some pretty pictures. What we do know are some of the fundamental necessities expected of a flight sim are already confirmed as stripped.

I think when MSFS is finally released all the forums will light up like a Christmas tree but there won't be much Christmas spirit! lol

I'm so happy with FS9, already can see I'll be using it another decade at least and I'm totally fine with that.
    Mark Daniels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast