Help Using Assigning Carenado Switches To Saitek via FSUIPC

Wintersedge

I hope someone can help me ...

As I near retirement, I am taking a great interest in pursuing the development of my own home cockpit. I am in the process of learning the basics before I get into the hardware component of it all.

I'm in the throws now of learning how to optimize FSX with FSUIPC. I realize that in the future being comfortable with FSUIPC and LINDa will be critical in applying commands to physical components of the cockpit.

Right now I'm stuck though with simply adapting FSUIPC button configuration to my Carenado C208B EX aircraft in FSX. I seem to be unable to linbk some switches, namely the No Smoking, fasten seatbelts and the fuel selectors.

I have tried the logging function of FSUIPC to see if it reveals any info, but nothing. I cannot seem to assign any existing FSX actions to the FSUIPC assignments despite there being functions for fuel selectors for example.

I know that it is just as easy to click on them in the window, but fore the purposes of learning foir the future, I'd like to be able to assign these to my Saitek controller buttons, even if just to update the image on the screen (of the switches changing).

Is anyone able to help me out with this?

I hope someone can help me ...

As I near retirement, I am taking a great interest in pursuing the development of my own home cockpit. I am in the process of learning the basics before I get into the hardware component of it all.

I'm in the throws now of learning how to optimize FSX with FSUIPC. I realize that in the future being comfortable with FSUIPC and LINDa will be critical in applying commands to physical components of the cockpit.

Right now I'm stuck though with simply adapting FSUIPC button configuration to my Carenado C208B EX aircraft in FSX. I seem to be unable to linbk some switches, namely the No Smoking, fasten seatbelts and the fuel selectors.

I have tried the logging function of FSUIPC to see if it reveals any info, but nothing. I cannot seem to assign any existing FSX actions to the FSUIPC assignments despite there being functions for fuel selectors for example.

I know that it is just as easy to click on them in the window, but fore the purposes of learning foir the future, I'd like to be able to assign these to my Saitek controller buttons, even if just to update the image on the screen (of the switches changing).

Is anyone able to help me out with this?

Hi,

Carenado use a lot of local variables in their aircraft which would need to be traced before you are able to assign the switches. You can do it using a registered copy of fsuipc but for me, when designing my own cockpit, i found it much easier to use LINDA for tracing the variables and writing the necessary code to be able to assign them.

If you wish to look me up on avsim (stinger2k2) and send me a direct message, we can hook up by email so that I can talk you through getting started.

If not, you can just download LINDA (it is free) and give it a go. There are lots of people on the avsim/LINDA forum who would gladly help.

At the end of the day if you wish to build your own cockpit at some point and use Carenado aircraft as your base then you will need to get your head around the variable tracing aspect.

All the best

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Another thing worth mentioning...

In FSX you are not able to use the mouse macros feature in fsuipc however in P3d this was fixed. So if you use P3d this may be a good option for you and would save you having to do the LUA coding.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk