Add Text to Panel

beroun

Hi,

have added the switch (gauge) to one of my panels to open/close the map view (gauge00=MovingMap!MovingMap) BUT the switch is transparent and not seen in the panel.

Switching function works fine but I must remember where the switch is, since I do not see it.

Is there any way I can add a small text box or a sign to the panel in vicinity of this switch, so that I can easily find it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Normally at least two bitmaps containing pictures of your switch, one in the up and the other in the down (on/off) position, should be present within the gauge BGL code. In this way the dynamic switch itself will be visible on your panel.

Are you sure that your now invisible click spot is not (partially) positioned behind one of your other gauges ? If this is not the case, where did you get this gauge from so that I can download it myself for testing.

Regards

Hans

Hi Gents.

I found this gauge (MovingMap!MovingMap) in B767 panel: boeing_767-300er_panel.zip. It is an excellent panel and I installed it to all my B767s. The switch, which is surprisingly called Simicons!Clock Icon opens the moving map in the left top corner. The switch opening the map is transparent and is on top of the white knob on left side of the panel with "map" printed on 767main.bmp.

NOW! I tried to place this Moving Map to a different aircraft, easy to do in the panel cfg BUT when I place the switch to open the map to a different aircraft panel, it functions OK but is transparent (not visible) and I need to remember where it is.

So, back to my initial question, how can I make this transparent switch visible in a different panel?

MANY thanks for any help.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Gents.

I found this gauge (MovingMap!MovingMap) in B767 panel: boeing_767-300er_panel.zip[/u

Can't find that file any where. Name correct?

Also, please give the line you added for this Icon. Including coordinates and such. Whole line.

(And maybe also give the line for it in the original panel.)

Are you saying the 'icon' is supposed to be transparent?

Is it transparent in the original panel also?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels FS2004 Boeing 767-300 Panel

[ Download | View ]

Name: boeing_767-300er_panel.zip

Size: 29,212,544 Date: 10-18-2019 Downloads: 306

boeing_767-300er_panel2.gif

boeing_767-300er_panel.gif

FS2004 Boeing 767-300 Panel. This is Part II of my FS2004 Boeing 767-300 Panel with SkySpirit Package. Due to the large number of gauges, I ultimately had to upload all of the panel files separately. You will also require my previous upload named BOEING_767-332ER_PANEL_WITH_SKYSPIRIT_GE_PACKAGE.ZIP to end up with a completely updated aircraft package plus the included reference literature and the 'readme' files. Unpack this new zipped directory and place the 'panel' folder found inside into the unpacked 'B767-300-ER' aircraft folder from my previous upload. By George Colacicco.

I did notice in one of the folders of this download that there was a map.bump file that might be the picture for the mapicon. Probably just for the regular map. Did not see a moving GPS/map ICON listed to bring up [window08]. What icon are you bringing over to the 2nd aircraft?

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks zippy. I must have copy pasted the name wrong. Probably copied a period at the end.

Did not see a moving GPS/map ICON listed to bring up [window08]. What icon are you bringing over to the 2nd aircraft?

Of these three lines from [Window01] most likely gauge133=

gauge82=SimIcons1024!Map Icon, 369,613,19,19

gauge132=767GC!Panel Lights, 129,581,30,30 // (Transparent icon over PANEL knob graphic)

gauge133=Simicons!Clock Icon, 127,719,30,30 // (Transparent icon over MAP knob graphic)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gents,

yes, it is the gauge 133, which opens the moving map view. It is installed on the left side of the panel over the bottom knob with MAP written on top of it (MAP writing comes from the panels 767main bmp).

BUT! when I install this gauge "Simicons!Clock Icon" to a different panel it functions OK but is invisible.

I would need it to be visible.

No big deal, just curiosity.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Interesting....never dealt with a "transparent" icon before! This is just a guess...if it is in a bare spot on your new aircraft 2D panel, I wonder if you could make a black square where the icon sits on the panel.bmp?

You would then just click on the black square.:confused:

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Great Idea, Thanks Top Gun

Used paint.net to add small MAP text on the center panel bmp of my AB350 and moved the switch 'Simicons!Clock Icon' to that location. Again many thanks for the GREAT! B767 panel from which I stole:) this gauge. Will probably install the moving map you used in B767 to most of my aircraft.

Cheers

Peter

AB350 with map (2).png

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways