Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The excitement of it all, once again

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    It should be clear that MS/ASOBO are developing MSFS for the PC. Only after the PC version is ready to reach Gold Release state will they begin figuring out how to port MSFS to Xbox Scarlet. They will likely have to scale it down somewhat to meet their goals.
    The marketing leads you to believe MSFS is all about the PC and the Xbox is a side act. I really don't believe this is the case. People are buying absolutely everything MS are selling right now without giving anything a second thought.
    I do think the launch of this game when everyone can get their hands on it will be incredibly fascinating.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    The marketing leads you to believe MSFS is all about the PC and the Xbox is a side act. I really don't believe this is the case.
    I agree, Mark. So far we're only hearing from the developers, Asobo.
    It should be clear that Asobo are PC developers only and apparently know nothing about games consoles - and that they'll have signed an NDA to give nothing away about MS/Xbox Game Studio's future plans, so whatever they DO know, they won't be telling.
    Clearly Asobo are handling the PC development only and MS/Xbox Game Studios are handling everything else.
    It's common knowledge that all console titles are developed on PC before being re-compiled into console format anyway, so Asobo are giving nothing away there.
    Considering all that MS/XBox Games Studios have put at stake here, it's highly unlikely that this flagship MS/Xbox Game Studios title will be launched on PC only with an inferior quality version for Xbox to be released sometime, whenever. MS/XBox Game Studios are timing the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator to coincide with the launch of XBox Project Scarlett, to showcase the capabilities of the new console and the xCloud server system, which will allow players to access their game/sim from ANY Windows 10 compatible mobile, tablet, laptop or PC.
    Whatever Asobo have said or even think, Microsoft Flight Simulator WILL be optimised for XBox Project Scarlett FIRST AND FOREMOST, with the latest mobile platforms a very close second. If it happens to run on your old PC in any one of the three compatibility modes, you should count yourself very lucky indeed.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 11-22-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    It should be clear that Asobo are PC developers only and apparently know nothing about games consoles - and that they'll have signed an NDA to give nothing away about MS/Xbox Game Studio's future plans, so whatever they DO know, they won't be telling.
    Seems to me that Asobo know quite a bit about consoles seeing as they have been developing games for consoles and PC for well over a decade now.

As for the rest, that is pure speculation as everything that has been announced, including comments from Phil Spencer, says quite explicitly PC first.

4. Default

Tim, we are on the same wavelength.
    Let's keep it simple and just look at one particular feature and nothing else, Live AI.
    Is this the best way to handle the AI aspect for a flight simulator on PC? Seriously??? lol
    Imo, NO.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    As for the rest, that is pure speculation as everything that has been announced, including comments from Phil Spencer, says quite explicitly PC first.
    PC first for the full launch? Or as closed Beta, which it is already?
    Both Asobo and XBox Game Studios have declined to comment on the full launch date, pricing/subscription etc., stating that those are COMMERCIAL decisions and not DEVELOPER decisions.
    In other words, MICROSOFT has the final say and NOTHING the developers have said on those subjects so far is concrete.

Mark, the Live AI is just part of the wider streaming content issue which even XBox Game Studios are unsure about at this stage - even if the xCloud servers can handle it, will enough customers have a suitable connection AND be willing to sign up for it?
    Last edited by tiger1962; 11-22-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    PC first for the full launch? Or as closed Beta, which it is already?
    Both Asobo and XBox Game Studios have declined to comment on the full launch date, pricing/subscription etc., stating that those are COMMERCIAL decisions and not DEVELOPER decisions.
    In other words, MICROSOFT has the final say and NOTHING the developers have said on those subjects so far is concrete.

Mark, the Live AI is just part of the wider streaming content issue which even XBox Game Studios are unsure about at this stage - even if the xCloud servers can handle it, will enough customers have a suitable connection AND be willing to sign up for it?
    Again, Microsoft themselves have explicitly stated that it is launching in 2020 on the PC first. Sure, exact pricing hasn't been given yet, but it will be available as a standalone purchase as well as through Xbox Game Pass, just like all games in XGP currently are. From an interview with Microsoft Flight Simulator head Jorg Neumann:

Yes, Microsoft Flight Simulator will come to Xbox consoles at some point, Neumann said, and it will be an Xbox Game Pass title on that platform, just like its Windows 10 version will be. And, yes, the game will be available either as part of XGP or as a standalone purchase.

But the game's announced "2020" launch window is for Windows 10, not Xbox consoles, and there's no indication of whether the console version will have specific limitations. Might it require online streaming? Might it require an Xbox One X minimum? Microsoft isn't saying.

"We honestly don't have a date for Xbox, otherwise we might've said something," Neumann told Ars Technica. "Is there a parallel effort related to Xbox [development]? Yeah, but it's very modest at this point. Our first and foremost topic is getting the simulation right, then do as much as we can from the [closed beta] feedback
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...-actual-plane/

"But the game's announced "2020" launch window is for Windows 10, not Xbox consoles", says Ars Technica, NOT Jorg Neumann. BIG difference. AND this interview is from back in September 2019, things have moved on somewhat since then.

8. Default

It's bound to be released with Scarlett.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    It's bound to be released with Scarlett.
    I think it's hoped to be released with Project Scarlett, at this stage it's officially launching on XBox One and Windows 10 because Project Scarlett is still in development and they're wisely not counting their chickens before they're hatched.

Quote Originally Posted by maui4me View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ditto for me. Almost exactly...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2