Black objects

Wintersedge

Please see the image below.

There are objects in this image at CYHM that are just solid black objects, the cones, the fire extinguisher, and the wagon to the left of the storage pods.

How do I go about isolating and repairing the "problem".

I'm unsure which scenery package depicts this airport, if it's the default, or part of FTX Global. I also use DX10 Fixer, GSX, and UTX Canada if that helps identify potential contributing factors.

cyhm1JPG.JPG

Edited by Wintersedge

Your missing the textures for those objects. Best bet to find the culprit is diminish the variables by de-activating all your add-on sceneries and slowly add them back in one by one keeping your eyes focused on your shot there each time you refresh the sim. Once those black objects appear you will at least know what package it is in and start digging in deeper there.

Clutch

Thank you Clutch for the prompt reply!!

Sounds like a daunting task!! I best get at it!

Would I have to disable scenery entries related to mesh or land class? UTX? Or just actual scenery products like my FTX Global, FTX Regional and airport packages, addon airports? If GSX is contributing, I don't believe their is a scenery entry for it.

A tool that might help you to locate the offending scenery is LittleNavmap.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Amongst other very useful features it can be used to determine which scenery BGLs are active for a given airport, and which one is topmost.

In the below pic for example you can see I have only default scenery for CYHM.

IYGHqGS.png

[EDIT]I have Orbx Global Freeware airports installed as well, so no need to search that way.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I have Orbx Global Freeware airports installed as well, so no need to search that way.

Doh... I had them unchecked for some reason...

When I enabled them again:

wZjfReG.png

So now that I found the culprit, an FTX addon airport, what can I do to resolve the problem this airport is causing? Or do I just keep this particular scenery disabled until I want to use it?

Apart from the objects that aren't black anymore, I see other differences between your and my pic (trees on the apron for example).

I wonder how you installed the scenery in the first place. It should be done through FTX Central, and let OrbX handle things.

So I'd reinstall the Global Airports Pack, check if the OrbX Libraries need updating, then see what gives.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2

Hi Wim, thanks for your post. Until you mentioned it I hadn't even noticed the trees. All my Orbx products were installed via Central 3. The only thing I didn't do was keep the scenery order. Orbx airports install alongside the Regional pack's. But I was advised that UTX should fall between FTX Regions and any airports (orbx libraries, at top, airports, then UTX, then FTX regional). I moved the FTX global airports to the airport section.

I will have to check if disabling the one airport I did to bring back the textures got rid of the trees also.

A tool that might help you to locate the offending scenery is LittleNavmap.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Amongst other very useful features it can be used to determine which scenery BGLs are active for a given airport, and which one is topmost.

In the below pic for example you can see I have only default scenery for CYHM.

IYGHqGS.png

[EDIT]I have Orbx Global Freeware airports installed as well, so no need to search that way.

Wim

After all these years using Little NavMap I never knew it even had that feature. Good to know!

Did you try the scenery order I suggested in your post about 3 (can be 4) weeks ago?

Again, I don't have UTX, I don't know how to line it up in the scenery library to get it to work with ORBX.

One thing I know for sure: UTX can't cause ORBX objects to go black.

Wim

Hi again Wim,

Yes, I did indeed follow your order recommendations and I did change the ORBX insertion point. However, the UTX support forum (I don't want to start a debate here) did recommend using ORBX and UTX, that UTX be sandwiched between FTX Regional (lower) and and addon airports, including FTX, above. So, using scenery config editor, I had to manually move the ORBX Airports to a higher priority than the UTX which was placed lower than UTX along with the FTX Regional. (They also recommended not to "use" the addon scenery folder voluntarily and to put addon sceneries into their own folders above UTX. I'm not sure the consequences of putting them at the very top, or the very bottom just above UTX.

And no, UTX is landclass and wouldn't have been the culprit. The culprit was an FTX airpoirt. I have since reinstalled that airport and the black objects have been resolved. But I still have trees in the apron lol.

Edited by Wintersedge

But I still have trees in the apron lol.

The ORBX Global airports are in the folder shown below (not retyping that! lol).

It also contains a _CVX.BGL file, which is a common name for a landclass update for that local airport.

In theory it should remove the trees.

Did you move this folder's priority above UTX as well?

wdiH2at.png

If you already did this, I'm lost as well. Sorry.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2