737-800 flaps sound fix

Prostock

I can't remember where I found the Flaps Sound Fix for the default 737-800 annoying continuous Clicking Sound when you first engaged flaps. I know, just click sound on and off (Q Key) and it stops but I'd prefer the actual fix. I had the file but lost it when I reinstalled the originals Aircraft.cfg (had too, made errors). Anyone know where to find it??? Thanks

I can't remember where I found the Flaps Sound Fix for the default 737-800 annoying continuous Clicking Sound when you first engaged flaps. I know, just click sound on and off (Q Key) and it stops but I'd prefer the actual fix. I had the file but lost it when I reinstalled the originals Aircraft.cfg (had too, made errors). Anyone know where to find it??? Thanks

Not just flaps, but if you search for 737-800 sounds, you may find more realistic sounds available for the plane.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Sorry, Brian, don't know what clicking sounds you are experiencing, but as Norris has suggested, I found this one this morning?

FSX - FSX Sound

FSX Boeing 737-800 Sounds

[ Download | View ]

Name: default_fsx_737_sound_mod.zip

Size: 14,751,725 Date: 04-26-2014 Downloads: 3,874

FSX Boeing 737-800 Sounds. This file replaces the default B737-800 sound file. Any aircraft that uses the default file will have these extra effects. It adds gear up/down callouts. It adds seatbelt announcements. It adds a better sound for the flaps. By Carl Vokes.

Might improve what you are now hearing?

Rick :cool:

A clicking sound is not normal in the fsx b737-800.

There is probably an error with how you set up the sound settings of speaker in Windows. (selecting 5.1 surround when the speakers do not match 5.1. Or setting the equaliser to something like 'auditorium' can cause weird effects. Or your sound card has the wrong drivers. Is damaged. Etc. Another option is an unrelated Usb device that is damaged or messed up and sending current into the Usb ports when it should not. For example a printer. Or a damaged Usb extension cable.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually have the PDMG sound pack installed for engines & other sounds which is much better than any sound pack I've tried thus far including the 738 improved sound pack you've suggested. Problem is, it does not include the Flaps sound. No worries, I'm going to use the A320 Airbus Flap Sound which I actually like better than any other flap sound I've tried. I know there's a fix out there because I had it but unfortunately I didn't back it up and must have deleted it somewhere along the way. Oh well, Thank for your suggestions. Edited by Prostock