FS2004 Textures to FSX Conversion

Prostock

It's probably been asked a thousand times but I just have to ask my way because I searched and found no results (probably the way I word my questions). Anyway, I've downloaded a few FS0004 textures and I'm trying to add to FSX. I copied and pasted the texture folder in. I added the text to the Air.cfg and numbered it in order. But, I keep getting this message shown below "FAILURE TO STARTUP THE FLIGHT MODEL". NOTE: The plane Does show in select aircraft section. Thanks for the help. Brian AKA prostock

Screenshot_4.jpg

This should be fairly straight forward. The error badge shows what's wrong.

Go to your aircraft.cfg and look at the [fltsim.xx] for that repaint. Now look at title= It has to be UNDER 127 characters including spaces.

Try something like deleting the 2 words ARP Design to see if it brings down the number of characters.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey Mr. Zippy - I did take a look at that as I remember that being an issue. So here's part of the config - [fltsim.0] is working Fine - The [fltsim.1] is the one I'm adding and is not working. Maybe your eyes better than mine? I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks

NOTE: FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 MUST STAY IN TITLE - BOOBY TRAP LOL

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013

sim=Boeing 787-800 RR

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

checklists=

atc_airline=BOEING 788 DREAM LINER

atc_id=N787BA

atc_flight_number=1773

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP,CARGO

atc_parking_code=BCA

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type="787-800"

ui_variation=DreamLiner

visual_damage=1

atc_id_color=0x00000000

atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

description=

[fltsim.1]

title=Air Canada 787 FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013

sim=Boeing 787-800 GE

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=canadaARP

checklists=

atc_airline=Air Canada

atc_id=C-DRML

atc_flight_number=46

atc_heavy=1

atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP

atc_parking_code=ACA

ui_manufacturer=TDS

ui_type=787-8

ui_variation=Air Canada ARP Designs

visual_damage=1

atc_id_color=0x00000000

atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

description=

Brian - You have two different aircraft, each with different sim= values. [flitsim1] shows sim=Boeing 787-800 GE. You should have an airfile with that name, which I doubt you do! Both aircraft should have the same airfile name and sim= values. Titles can be different, but the sim=values should be the same!

Check this out and I think you will see your mistake! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Check the sim= line

[fltsim.0] calls for Boeing 787-800 RR.air.

[fltsim.1] calls for Boeing 787-800 GE.air.

Check if you have those files in the main TDS 787 folder.

Just an observation btw, I don't have the aircraft, not planning to install it either.

So here is where I leave you.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

It worked But now I'm missing cockpit textures & engine textures. I'll keep messing with it. I'll get it sooner or later LOL, thanks

EDIT - I fixed the cockpit textures 100%. Working on the Engines, they are still black, looks cool but it's not right....

Not working - Not sure what to do. Any Idea's on this one?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by Prostock

Brian - I personally don't think the two aircraft should be related under the same roof, but, it's your call!

When I start downloading repaints/textures, I make sure the two aircraft are related, and by that I mean that both have the same sim name (same airfile name). That way you know they are related and can be used together!

I have a Beechcraft D18s aircraft folder that has 11 textures and they all came to me with the same sim names and airfile names. Worked great, saved a lot of computer hard disk space!

Brian - I personally don't think the two aircraft should be related under the same roof, but, it's your call!

When I start downloading repaints/textures, I make sure the two aircraft are related, and by that I mean that both have the same sim name (same airfile name). That way you know they are related and can be used together!

I have a Beechcraft D18s aircraft folder that has 11 textures and they all came to me with the same sim names and airfile names. Worked great, saved a lot of computer hard disk space!

Yeah, I get it. Just trying to make it work in the simplest way. I may move to a folder by itself and see what happens

You don't just need the correct .air file.

The -GE plane paint is for a model with -GE engines. (general electric.)

Install the correct GE aircraft seperately. A tds with a -GE model. It will come with air file and aircraf.cfg file.

Then install this -GE paint in that aircraft.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brian - If you do decide to go the second complete B787-800 download, and you don't have the complete files, and want to stick with a repaint, here is one I found on this site that will work!

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Malaysia Airlines Boeing 787-800

[ Download | View ]

Name: b787_malaysia_airlines.zip

Size: 4,425,358 Date: 02-03-2014 Downloads: 547

FSX Malaysia Airlines Boeing 787-800 RR. This repaint texture is for the TDS B787-800 RR model (TDS788TRENT_BOEING_N787BA.ZIP). This Dreamliner for Malaysia Airlines is textures only. Repaint textures by Ayu Emelda Othman.

Don't concern yourself with the different model they are referencing. This will work!

Again, Good luck! Don't know about you, but I sometimes have more fun doing this than actually flying the downloads!

Brian - If you do decide to go the second complete B787-800 download, and you don't have the complete files, and want to stick with a repaint, here is one I found on this site that will work!

FSX - FSX Jetliners

FSX Malaysia Airlines Boeing 787-800

[ Download | View ]

Name: b787_malaysia_airlines.zip

Size: 4,425,358 Date: 02-03-2014 Downloads: 547

FSX Malaysia Airlines Boeing 787-800 RR. This repaint texture is for the TDS B787-800 RR model (TDS788TRENT_BOEING_N787BA.ZIP). This Dreamliner for Malaysia Airlines is textures only. Repaint textures by Ayu Emelda Othman.

Don't concern yourself with the different model they are referencing. This will work!

Again, Good luck! Don't know about you, but I sometimes have more fun doing this than actually flying the downloads!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. You're exactly correct Rick, I too enjoy tinkering with things trying to get them to work & figuring out why they don't. It's very satisfying solving the mysteries. By the way, How did you find this paint for the RR 788? Thanks again

Edited by Prostock

Got to "Let your fingers do the walking!" and then some. Someday, I will send you a PM giving you some tips I have picked up along the way. I can't help with VC cockpits as I have never liked them and I stick with the 2d panels!

Hope you get all your birds flying the way you want them! Enjoy!