Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather engine you use?

Default Weather engine you use?

Most of us should be aware by now that FS9's weather engine is no longer supported.

I've been using FSrealWX lite for a while, however it has some very, very annoying quirks and just doesn't cut it for me sometimes (overcast is paper thin, winds aloft can be off by as much as a full 180 sometimes, and not 20 knot winds, but 100 knot winds... guess that's why I'm here. It nullifies any attempt to have accurate fuel planning if the stupid thing is going to give me completely wrong winds).

What options would y'all look at? Is FSrealWX pro any better? FSmetar? I'd certainly consider a payware if it's not too much ($20-$25). There's FSGlobalWeather (I think that's what it's called), but it appears to be 39 euros... yikes.

2. Default

I use FS_Meteo 7.0.
    9.0 is 29 Euros.

I use FS Global Real Weather. The nice thing about this one is you can use it on FS9,FSX,PSD,X-PLANE

nebojsa

Sorry. P3D

nebojsa

5. Default

If you have it, use REX for FS2004. I used to do so, until I moved to FSX (barely 2 weeks ago).
    Best regards,
    Luis Hern√°ndez

Quote Originally Posted by lmhariano View Post
    If you have it, use REX for FS2004. I used to do so, until I moved to FSX (barely 2 weeks ago).
    Still supported? I've heard of Rex but could've sworn it was no longer supporting FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBOJSA View Post
    I use FS Global Real Weather. The nice thing about this one is you can use it on FS9,FSX,PSD,X-PLANE

nebojsa
    This one looks great, just not sure if I want to commit /that/ much.

I also use FSrealWX lite and am becoming displeased with its limitations. I tried the pro version and found it awful and quickly uninstalled it.

I think I'll try FS Global Real Weather. It says it is compatible with FS9.

Nadlzfw

Quote Originally Posted by nadlzfw View Post
    I also use FSrealWX lite and am becoming displeased with its limitations. I tried the pro version and found it awful and quickly uninstalled it.

I think I'll try FS Global Real Weather. It says it is compatible with FS9.

Nadlzfw
    Yeah, it's reliable 70% of the time. Not quite enough for a guy like me! I know it's free but there's certain necessities that have to be met, and that's going to be loading the dang weather right! (especially when the weather itself is already downloaded correctly). Loading it in the first place (as opposed to having the fair weather sit there idle) is also a must.

If you choose to use FSGRW, let us know how it goes!

FS Global Real Weather is compatible with FS9. I use it.

nebojsa

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBadger View Post
    Most of us should be aware by now that FS9's weather engine is no longer supported.

I've been using FSrealWX lite for a while, however it has some very, very annoying quirks and just doesn't cut it for me sometimes (overcast is paper thin, winds aloft can be off by as much as a full 180 sometimes, and not 20 knot winds, but 100 knot winds... guess that's why I'm here. .... ).
    Look in the settings menu of fsrealwx. There you can set number of cloud layers. You can also set how many degrees at a time the winds change during weather updates. If you happen to have registered fsuipc you can also make changes to wind aloft settings.
    You can even change what server provides the weather data for fsrealwx, which also makes a difference.
    All that is in fsrealwx-lite.

And of course you can adjust cloud density in "fs-settings-graphics" menu as well. Those settings make a difference also when using fsrealwx.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast