Weather engine you use?

TheRedBadger

I have had trouble in the past with stuff not working. it didn't cost much so i'll post in the support forum and if it doesn't solve the problem then i'll just have to stick with FSRealwx. i've never had luck with firewall. It worked once for one time and then it hasn't since then. but again, ill post in their forum.

dynamic weather will change weather conditions in the sim based on atmospheric conditions generated, the rate of change determines how fast or slow the weather changes. there are flights in the select a flight tab of FS9 that demonstrate the weather changes, showing cumulus clouds building or dissipating.

I just downloaded FSrealWX for a 30 day free trial. I checked my WU map and saw the wx was pretty bad in Fairbanks, AL and made a few instruments approaches, visibility was less than 1 mile and had a good time. I took off from Fairbanks last night and am flying to KPIT, a 16-hour flight in the Lockheed/L10E/Modern AP. It was a nice full moon night, the Cumulonimbus? (I'm no expert) clouds were topped at up to about 10,000 feet. I'm 2 hours out of PIT and the weather is clear other than some scattered stratus clouds.

So far I like it and have been reading some pros and cons here.

flight.png

flight2.png

Edited by NikeHerk67

Herk

Acer Predator AG3620-UR308, 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology up to 3.9GHz (8MB Cache), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC (2GB), 2 TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 8

Unless they've changed it dramatically, your "30 day Free Trial" never ends. You CAN pay them, should you desire, and unlock a number of features, but, much like FSUIPC, if you choose not to pay, it will continue to function exactly the same as it is now.

I have had it since Feb. 2019, with FSRealWX Lite installed since 2016, and it still works very nicely.

Just so you know...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks, Pat

I've been away longer than I thought.

Kudos to ALL the developers who leave these programs running on servers.

I'll play with it and perhaps donate to the person anyway.

I did know Pete Dawson let his go for free.

Herk

Acer Predator AG3620-UR308, 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology up to 3.9GHz (8MB Cache), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC (2GB), 2 TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 8