Fairchild C-119 Box Car (Yamamoto model) repaints

Hi there again fellas,

If there's one thing I love as much as classic airliners, it's the classic Military aircraft. So, this time around I've gone military.

I've just completed a mammoth 23 repaints for Daisuke Yamamoto's C-119 Box Car. Definitely one of my all time favorite Military transports. I've got to say, I have a strong inclination towards classic American military transports/freighters/heavies to other nations' ones. C-124s, C-133s, C-130s, C-5s, C-141s, and the list goes on.

A little info on the C-119: An excellent military transport, the first C-119 made its maiden flight in November 1947. By the time production ceased in 1955, more than 1,150 C-119s had been built. It would become popularly known as the "Flying Boxcar". The Boxcar was the US Air Force's standard tactical transport during the early Cold War from the 1950s to the early 1960s. It lingered in service into the Vietnam War, a number of them serving as "AC-119" gunships. From the 1960s onward, they served in ANG squadrons. The C-119 ended service with all US forces around 1974.

I have actually uploaded a full package of the aircraft for FSX with all 23 repaints, on one of the other sites.

The pics:

NON US Air Forces:

Belgian AF C-119.jpg

French AF C-119.jpg

French AF C-119B Indochina 1953.jpg

French AF C-119C Indochina 1954.jpg

Indian AF C-119G Jetpack.jpg

Morocco AF C-119G.jpg

RCAF C-119.jpg

RNoAF C-119G.jpg

South Vietnam AF AC-119G.jpg

USAF - USMC - USN

USAF AC-119G 52-5905.jpg

USAF AC-119G Stealth test bed.jpg

USAF AC-119K.jpg

Edited by coronado990

Well done! Interesting aircraft for its time. I believe my Dad got to ride in one when he was in the Air Force

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow, nice collection! I especially like the ones with the day-glo panels.

I did a few myself, but for the Aeroplane Heaven model. Funnily enough, I see only one we both painted, 49-186 in French colors:

46220851081_c44b26f042_h.jpg

any plans for the aircraft from the Flight of the Phoenix movie?

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Great series of shots. Great annotation too. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you for sharing.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank a lot fellas.

Jan, you are one of the best repainters around. Glad you like my repaints. Unfortunately, I don't have the Aeroplane Heaven C-119, but I did notice your repaints of it, as of many other planes you have repainted. I think you're Belgian, is that right? I have done one of the Belgian Air Force C-119s, which is the first picture in my post. As for repainting the Phoenix C-119, I don't think I will. Mainly because I am not really interested in fictional scheme repaints. However, the last picture in my post- of the USN C-119G Long Nose with the day-glo colors, was used as a prop in the 2004 version of the "Flight of the Phoenix" movie (the original 1965 "Flight of the Phoenix" movie, used a C-82 Packet, I believe).

David, it's interesting your dad has flown in a C-119. That would've been enjoyable.

Khalid, and Larry, thanks. Enjoy your flights.

Wow Ted you did it again.

I painted this as well but you know me mine was fictional lol. I'll definitely download these as now my sim is in 60's retro mode and I'm in the process of adding some military.

Damn! I can't get them, I forgot they are all FSX and my retro sim in FS2004.

WeyHey, I think I'm in luck I just tried one on the FS2004 model and it worked.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hey Col,

First up, I have to commend you on the 60s retro look that you have there. It looks excellent.

As for the repaints working in FS2004, I was quietly confident they would, as they are BMP files. I couldn't say so in my descriptions when I uploaded them as I have had some people in the past saying that this repaint, or that repaint didn't work in FS2004. Glad they work for you anyway.

Hi Ted,

Yes I understand mate, one of the main reasons I did this was because I wanted your paints the other was anyone with FS2004 can or want your paints and not think like I first did and thought they will only work in FSX.

So thanks again Ted for those they are truly great.

Col.