Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fsx Windows 10

1. Default Fsx Windows 10

Good afternoon to the group,

I was wondering if anyone here is running fsx on WIN 10 and knows if there ‘s any systems issues when flying or installing FSX.

2. Default

Ran FSX under Windows 7. Upgraded the computer to Windows 10. No issues, runs fine.

3. Default

Both my machines run 10 with FSX without issues

Quote Originally Posted by Enko View Post
    Both my machines run 10 with FSX without issues
    Ran FSX for 4 years after changing to Windows 10 from 7. No issues here either

5. Default

Sounds good any changes on the startup as far as the (run as administrator issue)

Quote Originally Posted by nbata1234 View Post
    Sounds good any changes on the startup as far as the (run as administrator issue)
    None.

7. Default VFR Generation X scenery v3 install problems.

VFR Generation X scenery v3 install problems.
    Hi, I have installed FSX on a new PC with windows 10 and the installation is successful.
    The problem is loading the Generation X scenery version 3.
    The DVD will not load the software.
    I have tried a lot of methods to get it working.
    1. using the old fashioned Dos command xcopy to copy the files to a single folder and run the setup from there. That fails because of Cyclic Redundancy Check, that could be something to do with copy protection?
    2. testing the DVD on another win 10 PC by setting the compatibility to windows 7 service pack 2. the result is that windows says the program will not work (or word to that effect)
    3. running the setup, after starting the win 10 PC in some sort of safe mode, the idea being to stop other systems stopping the DVD from working correctly.
    And yes the disk is clean and other disks work ok (eg the fsx work fine).

Ideas welcome.
    Last edited by HuntTheShunt; 10-20-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added a title

Microsoft disabled the SafeDisc or SecureRom feature "secdrv.sys" back in 2015. They published a command prompt workaround to enable/disable it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...hics-component
    You should enable secdrv.sys to install from your disc, then disable it again afterwards.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 10-20-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Microsoft disabled the SafeDisc or SecureRom feature "secdrv.sys" back in 2015. They published a command prompt workaround to enable/disable it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...hics-component
    You should enable secdrv.sys to install from your disc, then disable it again afterwards.
    Thank you for the fast response.
    My system does not have the secdrv.sys so I am stumped. Some advice say use the win7 one, I do not have access to win7.
    Another site has a dll called SafeDisc.dll. I have downloaded it but am nervous of doing anything with it. If it is a valid dll it would be a good fix. http://www.dlldownloader.com/safedis...fediscdll-File

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hff View Post
    Ran FSX under Windows 7. Upgraded the computer to Windows 10. No issues, runs fine.
    I'm in a similar position, having run FSX in Win 7 for many years and now forced to update to Win 10, so your experience is good news.

Can I ask if you had to re-install FSX after the upgrade or did it simply work as before?

(I have FSX in its own partition if that makes a difference.)

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast