FSXA CTD when loading a flight plan.

bgets

I have Googled this problem and could not find a solution that worked. Basically when I file a flight plan using default flight planner and have my aircraft located at the departure airport, the sim will work for about 10 seconds and then crash and start again. The event viewer says it is a weather.dll problem.

How do I correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Have asked the Mods to move this to the FSX forum. In the meantime, will research your question.

UPDATE: In the same place that your FSX.cfg file hides is another file called wxstationlist.bin. Delete that file and then restart your Sim to rebuild a new list.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Zip. Sorry about the wrong place. I thought it was for FSX not the new FS. I tried your suggestion and that didn't work either. I can't figure out why it only happens when using the flight planner?

Bob G.

Edited by bgets
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

Okay. Here is what I have found. I don't have the problem if I use a departure airport that is on the east side of the country. If I try to use a departure airport on the west side the sim will stop working.

Bob G.

Yes, the country would be the United States of America. No new scenery or AI aircraft recently.