Hello there all,

I have just recently bought a new computer:

DELL XPS 8500
    Windows 10 Professional
    16GB RAM
    3TB Hard Drive (HDD1)
    2TB Hard Drive (HDD2)
    AMD Athlon (TM) R9 380 Series - Graphics Card

I have downloaded FSX Steam Edition, on my main C Drive, where my Windows operating system, is also located on. It ran fine for a while, but then FSX SE would just hang, and the sound just wherrs, and then it comes up with a windows error reporting dialog, and then it crashes completely to the desktop. Since getting my new computer, FSX SE worked brilliantly for a day or two, and then the same issues as my last computer started happening again.

I can view different AI Aircraft, such as my AI Traffic Flightplans, for my virtual fictional airline, which I created. However, after a while, the game will either crash after 30-45 minutes, say if I am in or near London, but if I go to say Edinburgh at say 07:57am it will crash within a few seconds. I have tried starting up, and loading the game in Edinburgh at different times, the game crashes within varying time periods. It is almost like it is an AI Aircraft, that has an error, I tried each single traffic file with 1 single aircraft in individually, and it still crashed after a few minutes, but if I remove all of the AI Flightplans, it doesn't crash at all.

So how can each one, still affect FSX SE, but when I remove all of the AI Flightplans, it works fine? It seems as if there is an actually a problem, perhaps with a flightplan, and not with a specific aircraft, are there any FSX tools, that kind find errors, in either aircraft, scenery or flightplans files? Even if I have to download seperate tools, which I don't mind doing? Also, I forgot to mention, just now, that on my new computer, when it crashes, there is now no faulting module, stated in Windows Event Viewer at all now.

2. Default

Here are a few screenshots, from windows event viewer about my latest problems, with FSX Steam Edition:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	213175

Name:	Screenshot2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	213176

Name:	Screenshot3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	213177

Kind regards and yours sincerely,
    From Edward Powell

3. Default

I applied the "FSX HIGHMEMORY FIX", I was able to fully load and travel around Glasgow and Edinburgh Airports, for around 10-15 minutes this time. FSX Steam Edition, did seem much more stable, or so I thought, only to find that a few seconds later, FSX Steam Edition crashed again, but this time, in Windows Event Viewer, it didn't appear to be an ApplicationHang issue, this time it said it was classed as an APPCRAH, it showed the faulting module this time as Nt.dll Here are some new screenshots, of my Windows Event Viewer Reports below.

Name:	Screenshot4.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	213178

Name:	Screenshot5.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	213179

Name:	Screenshot6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	213180

Kind regards and yours sincerely,
    From Edward Powell

As far as I can see from these screenshots, the failing module name is ntdll.dll.

This is not an error from FSX:SE, but from you Windows installation.

What you need to do is to google "ntdll.dll error" or a similar string, and then look at the possible causes and apply the fixes as applicable to your particular system - there will be a lot of possible causes and fixes!

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by edwardstpowell View Post
    It seems as if there is an actually a problem, perhaps with a flightplan, and not with a specific aircraft...
    I've searched on "ntdll.dll error" (which Jorgen identified) in combination with "AI Traffic".
    Guess what? It actually IS one single aircraft with a corrupted texture that can cause (iow already has caused) this error.

You have identified a quick and easy error recreation flight (Edinburgh 07:57am). Think you need to start there, and bring in your AI flightplans one by one, until you get the crash... Once you've identified the AI flightplan, another elimination process for the faulty aircraft is at hand.

Wim

6. Default

Hi there,

Many thanks for your input. I tried a program called DXTFixer, which fixes corrupted aircraft textures. There were a few aircraft, and airport objects, that had faulty textures, which are now fixed. However, I just ran FSX Steam Edition early this afternoon, and it ran for around 15-20 minutes, but when I moved my user/player aircraft to Newcastle Airport, I used the right click function, to get to the usual in game menu, to go to fixed view mode, and to view what AI aircraft where in the area, at that time, but then all of a sudden, FSx Steam Edition froze and then CTD, when I selected a button, after bringing up the right click menu. I checked Windows Event Viewer, for the error code or faulting module report, but there was no error report at all, so I was unable to find any faulting module, or dll error information.

Kind regards,
    From Edward Powell

7. Default

Hi, also I forgot to mention. I loaded up Edinburgh successfully at 07:57am. It worked ok, but then I decided to check out some of the other airports around the UK. It worked fine for around 15-20 minutes, but when I moved my user/player aircraft to Newcastle Airport, I used the right click function, to get to the usual in game menu, to go to fixed view mode, and to view what AI aircraft where in the area, at that time, but then all of a sudden, FSx Steam Edition froze and then CTD, when I selected a button, after bringing up the right click menu. I checked Windows Event Viewer, for the error code or faulting module report, but there was no error report at all, so I was unable to find any faulting module, or dll error information.

I really hope my game is fixed soon, I am completely baffled by why my game isn't working correctly. I started with checking out my fictional airline traffic/flightplans and UK2000 scenery files, and I bringed them in my AI flightplans one by one, until I got the crash... But it did so with every one. So either there is something wrong with all of my AI Traffic Files, or my computer doesn't like having any AI traffic being active. But I don't understand how FSX worked fine for like 2 months, on my old PC, then it stopped working altogether, and not it only works for 15-20 minutes, regardless of what I am doing in the game, on either computer.

The weak point in this system is the graphics card:

1. It's an AMD, not so big a problem as

2. There's only 1 GB of VRAM on the card.

In your case, I would get a nVidia card with at least 4 GB of VRAM on it. The UK2000 sceneries could very well cause you to run out of VRAM.

Jorgen

Edit: A PS: I just came home from a week in Edinburgh on Tuesday......

Edit edit: go here to optimize your system and FSX: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...Tweaking-Guide
    Last edited by jorgen.s.andersen; 11-16-2019 at 11:55 AM.

9. Default

Bingo! I have just typed into Google the problems I am experiencing, I found a forum post on a another flight sim forum, that said, try and replace the FSX Steam Edition UIAC.dll file, with the Windows System32 UIAutomationCore.dll file, and I ran FSX SE again, and it seems a lot more stable, although on many occasions I have spoke too soon, so no doubt I will have to return to this forum in short order, but fingers crossed! The FSX SE UIAC.dll file was version 6.0.6001.18000, and the Windows System32 one was version 7.2.18362.1
    Last edited by edwardstpowell; 11-16-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2