Aero V L-29 Will not load

wji948

I cannot get the Aero V L-29 aircraft to load. I keep getting kicked out of FSX. I downloaded an earlier version of the same aircraft and keep getting the same result.

If I load another aircraft first and then select the Aero it loads. It then flies OK but when I end the flight I am immediately kicked out of FSX. I noticed in the Logbook that the L-29 flight is not being recorded!

I am wondering why this is happening. I have installed more than 200 freeware aircraft over the years and have never encountered this problem. I do not see anything that looks out of place in the Aircraft config file.

Any ideas?

This can happen (without the usual warnings) when there's an incompatible gauge in the panel, usually either 2D and/or VC, or even built-in to the model itself.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I cannot get the Aero V L-29 aircraft to load. I keep getting kicked out of FSX. I downloaded an earlier version of the same aircraft and keep getting the same result.

If I load another aircraft first and then select the Aero it loads. It then flies OK but when I end the flight I am immediately kicked out of FSX. I noticed in the Logbook that the L-29 flight is not being recorded!

I am wondering why this is happening. I have installed more than 200 freeware aircraft over the years and have never encountered this problem. I do not see anything that looks out of place in the Aircraft config file.

Any ideas?

What version of FSX? Be specific: Sp1, SP2, SE?

In that case, are you sure you have the FSX version and not the FS2004 version?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This is the download since the OP left a comment about it stating "It will not load"! Trying it.

FSX - FSX Modern Military FSX Aero L-29 Delfin Update

[ Download | View ]

Name: l-29upx.zip

Size: 14,064,472 Date: 04-23-2019 Downloads: 419

l-29upx2.gif

l-29upx.gif

fcq1.gif FSX Aero L-29 Delfin Update. This is an update for FSX of the Aero Vodochody L29 Delfin by Tim Conrad. I have updated the flight dynamics; it is not so sluggish now. I replaced some gauges and removed some holes in the 2D panel. I added an autopilot and toggle Icon to the 2D panel. I added pictures so the 5 paints would show on the choose the aircraft screen. This is the whole aircraft. There is a working VC. By Bob Chicilo.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Looked fine on the Opening Screen, chose Fly Now and said yes/run to all of the gauges and got a CTD when the bar reached 100% load. Installed a panel from my Voodoo and it loaded fine. Will need to troubleshoot to see what gauge is causing the problem!

aircraft.JPG

I initially installed from l-29upx.zip (FSX Aero L-29 Delfin Update, 4/23/2019).

When I had trouble with that I installed the earlier version, from l29upd.zip (FSX Aero L-29 Delfin, 12/4/2010). That would not load correctly either.

Interesting to note that the developer(s) use more than 30 individual gauge files for all the individual instruments - have never seen that approach in any other FSX aircraft that I have downloaded.

I downloaded both of these versions from flightsim.com. Am running under Windows 10.

+1.

Tried the download mrzippy suggests OOB in FSXA. No problems at all.

Wim

Wonder what in the panel causes it to need FSXA?

UPDATE: Hold your breath....I may have found the solution!

SURVEY SEZ.....the answer is to download t-33_ppp.zip and borrow the GaugeSound.dll and install it to your MAIN FSX FOLDER.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Edited by mrzippy

the answer is to download t-33_ppp.zip and borrow the GaugeSound.dll and install it to your MAIN FSX FOLDER.

If I understand correctly, it worked on my install NOT 'cos of Accel, but because of some previous hocuspocus I did for other downloads?

I DO have a GaugeSound.dll in my main FSX folder.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

If I understand correctly, it worked on my install NOT 'cos of Accel, but because of some previous hocuspocus I did for other downloads?

I DO have a GaugeSound.dll in my main FSX folder.

Wim

Piglet's T-33 isn't a default aircraft for Accel, is it? Beats me...with a stick! I just happened to remember that his T-33 gauges need that GaugeSound.dll otherwise the Sim crashes.