Compatibility of Add-ons with FSX Steam

gwhess

I have the disc version of FSX. I need to reinstall it on my computer, but last time I attempted to reinstall I had numerous problems and little support from MS. I’m thinking about changing to the Steam version, but I don’t know if all of my add-ons would work in the Steam version. Would appreciate any input on this.

Thank you,

Gary

I have the disc version of FSX. I need to reinstall it on my computer, but last time I attempted to reinstall I had numerous problems and little support from MS. I’m thinking about changing to the Steam version, but I don’t know if all of my add-ons would work in the Steam version. Would appreciate any input on this.

Thank you,

Gary

There is NO support from MS. Not any more.

Everything should work with FSX Steam, but I recommend you consult with this forum first.

FS2004 addons can get flagged as FSX compatible when they're not...

Rule of thumb: If it works in FSX Accel, it works fine in FSX:SE.

Only real difference is the way Steam stuffs the FSX folder deeper in it's folder structure than the FSX Box.

Does this help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Gary, to add to Pat's good advice - the Steam Edition uses it's own version of Simconnect, which means some add-ons which are for FSX only won't work with FSX:SE. Always check that an add-on is advertised as being compatible with FSX:SE for this reason - it's not just for the install location.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64