By Popular Demand, a Dewoitine D-520!

Hi!

By pure derogation (and free of fee one :):) ), and by popular demand, here is a Dewoitine D-520, that French warplane which was at equality with the Me-109s during the Battle of France May-June 1940. They came too late and too few in the French Air Force units

By derogation means that only planes published recently on that site are usually taken in account for my WW2 planes collection :)

dewoit.jpg

Dewoitine D-520 in action by June 1940, belonging to the GC II/7

-- that plane with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.a freeware Dewoitine D-520

.weather with the FSXWX freeware

.the freeware shader adjuster rdart78 and textures set --

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very nice plane! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all!

My excuses for the timeshift! And thanks for all those comments

Hageneezz: I see you're member of the D-520 fan club :)

DAVIDSTRAKA: yes! it's the 'French touch' :)

Larry: Dewoitine was strictly a French avionist on the other hand. Should be more related to a Spitfire because I think the U.S. Mustang came later somewhat

Rick: barely less fast than the Me 109, but it turned faster which was a dogfight advantage. The cockpit far from the nose: maybe to a better aim of firearms :) (also typically French I think)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes! Either is was the sign of a French Air Force Groupe de chasse, or it might have been something relating to a 'escadrille Lafayette,' which was, or wasn't a group formed of US volunteers (unluckily doesn't remember for now)

edited: Got it! It was the mark to the GC II/5, 3rd escadrille, former escadrille La Fayette. It was a group trained to the Curtiss H75. The escadrille Lafayette originally was a group of US volunteer aviators during WWI. Its insign and tradition were taken back after that, by a French group

GC-II-5-3eme-Esc.gif

Edited by flightsimg

Beautiful aircraft and a very nice shot, Gérard. Underpublicised. Some very interesting and very original French models out there that do not receive their due share of publicity and coverage.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. The D.520 is a fine plane. I know it quite well as I had deviced a site about the French Air Force in May-June 1940 in Microsoft CFS. Apart from that, at the time, we had also some fine Navy seaplanes (or even, for example, a dive-attack one, which had seagull-shaped wings, and called the French Stuka), or Air Force generally. Names don't get back now. A long time ago that site. I eventually closed it. I even asked sites like this one, to nullify some freeware missions, textures, etc. I'd made. Stupid when young at something :):)

Very nice! Will this work in P3D?

Unluckily, can't answer that. Don't know whether the creator envisioned that. And the same for a lot of WW2 planes I shot lately.