L-1011 Stargazer

Swoop

Hi fellow simmers , does any one know if this L-1011 is available for FS9 ? i have searched and searched every where with out success . Its an L-1011 Stargazer for the USAF , below on the belly is a Pegasus rocket , would love to have this for my Mil VA i fly with . Any help/info would be most appreciated . Thanks in advance .L1011 Stargazer.jpg
"Pilots do it with Thrust"

I did one but not sure I still have, I'll have a look but not promising, I lost a lot of stuff a while ago.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?303219-L1011-Orbital-Tristar&highlight=Tristar+orbital

Just had a thought you could use the HJG version and change the colour if that will do.

http://simviation.com//hjg/aircraft2/lockheed/l1011-100.htm

Edited by ColR1948

ColR1948 , i should have been a bit more specific on my post , i have the HJG Orbital paint , im looking for a L-1011 with rocket underneath , but i'm guessing there is not one available. Thanks for the help.:pilot:
"Pilots do it with Thrust"

HJG "will" be offering a new texture representing this aircraft .... L-1011 TRISTAR 100 N140SC .... in the ORBITAL ATK/STARGAZER livery as follows ....

9br6OLrh.jpg

HJG "don´t guarantee being able to offer an edited model featuring the lower fuselage rocket .... BUT THEN AGAIN .... it "doesn´t guarantee this might not happen in the future.

MRC

Not sure what you´re on about there COL :confused: .... BUT .... the texture I presented below, was only produced by one of the HJG painters just a few days ago. It will accompany HJG´s already downloadable ORBITAL livery (orange titles) produced back around 2010 .... or thereabouts. What I hinted today .... that "may possibly" be comming later on too is a 3rd livery .... featuring the same aircraft once again but with NORTHROP GRUMMAN titles .... and which will accompany the ORBITAL ATK titled texture version presented below. Not aware of any other versions of these liveries currently avilable .... and even if they were HJG would still be doing "it´own versions" anyway.

MRC

There´s a bit more to it than that :)

HJG´s "later" livery version/s features the slightly resized font due do the additional titling .... and there´s other subtle variances too.

It´s represents more accurate depiction than just a changing of the font colour .... this being the way HJG prefers doing things ;)

MRC

Edited by aerofoto
additional data

HJG guy's do an AMAZING job on all aircraft and paint's.

Thanks "SWOOP" ;)

It´s not easy .... but then again .... anything worth doing, if done poperly (as properly as motivtion, skills on-and, information available, and certain FS limits all conspire to permit at least) .... ever is easy.

HJG does things "somewhat differently" than other groups .... and in doing so really caters for "a different type of FS enthusiast".

It´s run differently too .... and in accordance with a fairly enforced internal and public code of discipline.

Some like what HJG does .... and the way it does it .... and some don´t.

One can´t please everyone of course .... so at the end of the day HJG just pleases itself (first and foremost) that whatever it does/offers is good enough "for those whom it endeavours to "TRY´N" satisfy".

HJG´s been doing this for 19.5 years now and I´ve been involved with it amost from the very beginnng .... representing and aiding its transition from FS2000, to FS2002, to FS2004, and to FSX (portability in most cases but not nativity in regard to the latter FS version) .... and I s´pose, with a new M$FS version on the horizon next year, the question (not for HJG only because everyone/everything will like be influenced by what may be about to arrive) should be .... How long can it keep on doing what it does ?

I s´pose the logical answer to that is .... "So long as it wants to" .... or rather .... "So long as it feels it can justify doing what it does, the way it does, and has been doing it for the past almost 20 years",

Before anything/whatever else may be about to happen though there´s still quite a bit HJG wants to "TRY´N" make happen, and share with whomever else may be interested, so, we´ll just see what happens :)

Thanks once again ;)

MRC

Edited by aerofoto
additional data

• 1 month later...

Given recent interest in this particular aircraft expressed "here" .... HJG have not only decided to add the more recent blue/white ORBITAL SCIENCES CORPORATION ATK and NORTHROP GRUMMAN liveries, but also, add the original OSC red/white livery as well as the minorly different 2013 version too, whilst also upgrading its current red/white OSC livery .... as follows ....

H4MdEaG.jpg

n5bgBgv.jpg

9hKnun4.jpg

O2vsJLW.jpg

GeZksEK.jpg

This particular aircraft is apprarent "the last" L-1011 TRISTAR still active today.

As previously stated HJG's remaining "non-committal" (at this stage) in regard to the possibility of a model edit featuring the PEGASUS rocket.

It's not that it can't .... or won't do it.

It's just that it's far too late in the year now .... and there are "other priorities" .... so .... we'll see what happens later ;)

In the meantime .... these "NEW" and upgraded/improved textures will be available soon.

MRC

Edited by aerofoto
spell checking

• 4 weeks later...

All 5 of these L-1011-100 textures are publicly available now (thanks to the efforts of both Tony MADGE and Erik INGRAM) from HJG .... having been released as part of the groups December/Christmas 2019 website update of 2-3 days ago .... and as referenced among the current FS.COM community news items.

MRC