FSX crashes/doesn't fully load

I tried that but the FSX.cfg files have been moved so deleting is not possible. Should I uninstall everything again?

The fsx.cfg files have been moved? So fsx.cfg is no longer where it was? Did you try restarting the Sim to see if it works?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, I tried but the furthest it loads is the orange box with the water below and the plane with the Microsoft Flight Simulator: Steam Edition wording on the bottom of the box but when it closes the Simulator doesn't load.

Since you have the Steam version, have you tried Verify files?

Verify Integrity of Game Files

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

I don't have Steam FSX myself, but this has fixed a few that I do have.

Just be aware if you have add-ons, this can wipe them out and you may have to re-install them!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro