Jaggies with Nvidia question.

ColR1948

I have jaggies and I found one of my old threads where a member told me how to get rid of them, but then I had a Radeon card, I now have a Nvidia, when I go in the control panel for Nvidia I tried to change the AA but I get this error message popup.

Also if anyone can help and point me to the correct settings, as there seems to be a list to select from in the AA section, that is if I'm in the right place?

Nvidia error.jpg

Col.

Hi Col, you're editing the Global Driver Profile and that may be why you're getting the error. In the Profiles window at the top left, click the drop-down menu and scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, then edit that profile and apply changes.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The error is NVAPI_ACCESS_DENIED, even though NVidia Inspector is running elevated (as admin). It could be that your Antivirus is blocking Inspector from making changes - can you add Inspector to your Antivirus Excluded Files list and try again?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

My AV is Windows Defender, not sure if and where I can allow if it is blocking, I'll look in to it.

I opened it up and the Nvidia files are all green with ticks next to them

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi Col, You should be able to add nVidia Inspector to that same list.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials on Win7 x64, here's where it's Exceptions list is:

MSE.JPG

I downloaded the driver for Nividia win10 64bit for my graphics card, I was the able to apply the settings in Nvidia.

Now that worked but I think I am changing the wrong thing because I still have jaggies, they are not what I would call big saw edges but they are there.

I have AA turned off in the sim, that is what I read but turn it on in Nvidia at about 4x, but there is a list of different settings and I'm not sure which if any I should be changing.

Col.

Hi Col, try increasing AA to 8x Multisampling, and Anisotropic filtering to 16x.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

No still got them.

I will add as well the reason why I'm playing about with FS2004 is I have changed it to a retro version, I'm flying in the 1960's era, I've downloaded lots of that era scenery plus aircraft, so far I'm enjoying it but that is why I was trying to get it looking half decent as well.

Col.

If you're in full screen mode, try changing to windowed mode.

To get AA working in full screen, set the Inspector compatibility option to Diablo III.

I've been flight simming for quite awhile now, and have never heard the term jaggies? I just did a google search and now I know what jaggies are! I hope I never have to deal with them. I have had somewhat of jaggies when working with 2d panels, but was easy to solve, just had to do some resizing of the gauges/instruments.

Rick :cool:

Hey Tom, I had it like that in the first place and had the jaggies, so I then went to look at the Nvidia settings to rectify but as you have read I still have them, as you know it depends what view I take.

If I am full side on to the aircraft the jaggies are hardly any any, just a few hear the tail, then as I pan around they get bigger.

Side issue, you may have read above, I'm in retro mode now with this version of FS2004, flying in the 60's, most of it is from your website, so thank you very much for that.

I have all your ai flying plus the great retro scenery, I finished installing it all last night.

These are the jaggies I'm concerned about.

jaggies.jpg

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Thanks Tom and others but...

All is not well again, for some unknown reason I'm getting this what I call bloom steaks as you see in picture #1

bloom effect.jpg

Then after a few minutes like a switch they are gone as you see in picture #2

bloom effect 2.jpg

Any ideas?