Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Yes indeed, and it'll be interesting to see if the Azure servers prevent or even cure the potential stuttering or buffering issue. If the cost is high, fewer people will use it and there won't be much of a problem - if it's a bargain, everyone will use it and complain about the stuttering or buffering issues! That's life.
    I have a feeling server load won't be an issue, at least for most of the world. Speed and quality of each user's ISP and internet connection is much more likely to be an issue here, as well as distance from the nearest Azure server, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Speed and quality of each user's ISP and internet connection is much more likely to be an issue here
    And I've just downgraded my connection for the next 18 months because I didn't need 100mbps!
    We haven't actually noticed any difference now that we're on a 50mbps service, and we have up to 8 devices connected at once - or maybe we've just been lucky so far...
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Fortunately we only have 2 users of bandwidth in my household and I will be telling the other one that she can't use it when I'm simming.

If she doesn't comply I'll have to give her a damn good listening to. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bandwidth...Bandwidth.....Bandwidth.
    One would imagine the new MFS would read ahead based on one's Airspeed, Altitude, Direction,Weather and Region. Perhaps a submitted Flight Plan would help the process. Monthly service charge is on the horizon no doubt IMHO. It is what they all do nowadays. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    Hi all,

Is it just me that thinks the last video released after the developers event looks as though it is stuttering? In particular look out of the left window of the C172.
    I’ve noticed the stutters from just about ALL the videos. Right from the beginning. But not usuall when FSX users convinced themselves that low FPS would equal ‘smooth’.

Stutters and low FPS is the new norm.

Maybe it's your system that's causing lags and stuttering, maybe it's because it's an Alpha version.

I have seen no stuttering at all. A friend of mine, about 5 city blocks away from me, with a far better PC than I have, is getting very mild stuttering.
    So, remember as well, it's a video, not actual game play.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 10-30-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    I’ve noticed the stutters from just about ALL the videos. Right from the beginning. But not usuall when FSX users convinced themselves that low FPS would equal ‘smooth’.

Stutters and low FPS is the new norm.
    Cannot think of a more community overated game in history.
    I'll be sticking with FS9 because it kills the new MSFS!
    My FS9 has performance, the clouds are not blurry, it has seasons, it has ATC, it has customizable AI, there's more, I'm just running off the top of my head...oh...my rainbows look less fake...oh...historic weather...oh...FS9 is fly away, no more to pay...lol

The things people will sacrifice to see their own house. I want a flight sim! Google can show me my house. haha
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 10-30-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Mark Daniels

Early days,but the clouds are blurred on images released so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Cannot think of a more community overated game in history.
    I'll be sticking with FS9 because it kills the new MSFS!
    My FS9 has performance, the clouds are not blurry, it has seasons, it has ATC, it has customizable AI, there's more, I'm just running off the top of my head...oh...my rainbows look less fake...oh...historic weather...oh...FS9 is fly away, no more to pay...lol

The things people will sacrifice to see their own house. I want a flight sim! Google can show me my house. haha
    It's also 15 years out of date. Yes, you had historic aircraft, but they flew like cardboard boxes. The new one is about a lot more than pretty scenery, or at least such is the claim.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by andyjohnston View Post
    It's also 15 years out of date. Yes, you had historic aircraft, but they flew like cardboard boxes. The new one is about a lot more than pretty scenery, or at least such is the claim.
    3 key words tell you everything. (Xbox/Modern Gaming)

The only thing we know about MSFS is the pretty pictures and the important sim features that have been stripped. Absolutely everything else is solely baseless community expectation. We know nothing about aircraft.

MSFS is totally traveling the modern game path, removing what we had for years in previous versions. Lots of hype, little substance.

This is the modern and cross platform game trend. You hype the new game like crazy, add some graphics, strip features and leave the bugs. It's the reason I play older games, they are simply fully featured and much better games. There has been nothing to indicate MSFS being any type of exception.

Right now, even the pretty pictures of this game show some of the problems with blurry clouds and popping scenery. Yes, it's only early development but you get a very good indication of what is coming and how it will likely perform on a lesser system if not across all systems.
    Game play, we don't know about aircraft yet but we know you will likely fly them in a world with no seasons, no historic weather, no ATC and restricted AI. You won't be flying helicopters, they are also gone.

I'm all for a new version of FS but it's got to be an improvement over the past versions beyond some flashy graphics.
    Mark Daniels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast