Sounds bleed over when paused/exiting simulator

TheRedBadger

Hi y'all again,

This wasn't an issue for a while, but when using Marco Spada's MD80 panel, when paused I'll hear airflow sounds, and now, in addition, while in takeoff run, door-banging sounds as well. I thought I identified the sounds I wanted removed, but even when I taking them out, they continue to play while paused. It's a hair annoying when watching replays or when pausing the sim for a second. (these sounds cannot be muted when pressing the sound-off key). Anyone ever run into this issue?

Carlos Si

How does Marco Spada's panel have anything to do with these sounds? I have this panel in my MD-83, MD-90 and two DC-9"s, and nothing like what you are experiencing!

Several things you can do to rule out the panel and possibly find the culprit.

1) Find another panel (don't delete the M Spada panel, as it is superb in my opinion) and install it to your aircraft you are having issues with. Rename your M Spada to something like panel.1

See if the sounds are still present.

2) Rename your existing sound folder to something like sound.1. Go into some of your aircraft that do not have issues and copy and paste that sound folder to your aircraft that has issues.

Sounds still present?

3) Copy your M Spada panel over to an aircraft you are not experiencing any problems and see if the sounds presents themselves to the once before aircraft that had no issues!

I would be more prone to believe the problem is in the sound folder of the aircraft you are having issues with. I could be wrong, but, with a little effort in a process of elimination, you should be able to find the culprit!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Rick :cool:

How does Marco Spada's panel have anything to do with these sounds? I have this panel in my MD-83, MD-90 and two DC-9"s, and nothing like what you are experiencing!

Several things you can do to rule out the panel and possibly find the culprit.

1) Find another panel (don't delete the M Spada panel, as it is superb in my opinion) and install it to your aircraft you are having issues with. Rename your M Spada to something like panel.1

See if the sounds are still present.

2) Rename your existing sound folder to something like sound.1. Go into some of your aircraft that do not have issues and copy and paste that sound folder to your aircraft that has issues.

Sounds still present?

3) Copy your M Spada panel over to an aircraft you are not experiencing any problems and see if the sounds presents themselves to the once before aircraft that had no issues!

I would be more prone to believe the problem is in the sound folder of the aircraft you are having issues with. I could be wrong, but, with a little effort in a process of elimination, you should be able to find the culprit!

Good luck and keep us posted!

I will try this.

I’m not sure what is calling the sounds; maybe it’s because I added sounds from a different panel (I added a panel for a DC9, from dennis I think) and the aircraft itself (either the air file or the cfg) is calling for these sounds, not the panel?

Might be useful to add these sounds exist whether or not in panel view.

Carlos Si

Sorry for the lack of response (I guess it's my funeral so who cares right!).

I've narrowed it down to the Spada panel.... I tried the SGA MD80 with the 717 panel I have, it works fine with no sounds "bleeding" into other views or when in FS9 settings.

The sounds I'm hearing are either cnroll1 or usroll1 (or any of those). I'll start to hear them on takeoff, and they're audible in different windows, even though they're "interior sounds". They of course, go away after some time once airborne and no longer rolling.

I tried removing fssound.dll but it didn't do much.

Carlos Si

Interesting. You are posting to an FS2004 forum, so I am assuming, you are flying FS2004. I just looked in the library and M Spada has 2 panels listed:

com_md80.zip

COM80FIX.ZIP (references this file as a fix)

md80-k4.zip

mdped.zip (references this file as a fix for the md80 file)

Maybe you can identify which file you have, and try the fix OR try the other file to see if it solves your problem?

I have FSX and my panel is an FSX panel and I have never experienced the issues you are having!

Good luck, hope you find the solution!

Edited by Downwind66

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting. You are posting to an FS2004 forum, so I am assuming, you are flying FS2004. I just looked in the library and M Spada has 2 panels listed:

com_md80.zip

COM80FIX.ZIP (references this file as a fix)

md80-k4.zip

mdped.zip (references this file as a fix for the md80 file)

Maybe you can identify which file you have, and try the fix OR try the other file to see if it solves your problem?

I have FSX and my panel is an FSX panel and I have never experienced the issues you are having!

Good luck, hope you find the solution!

Neither fix is applicable or works out.

This is also audible with the SGA DC9.

Annoying because the aircraft isn't even moving and yet "aircraft is rolling" sounds are playing >:l . They cannot be muted with "sound off", and can be heard in the flight planner menu as well..... wow.

If I could delete the stupid sounds from the sim that'd be great and acceptable, but even removing the culprits.... they still appear to be coming from somewhere else. I could try just completely deleting all the sounds (or rather moving them elsewhere) and see if consolidating would work, but I have my doubts. I think it's from some panel I may have downloaded; it probably introduced something into my sim, but even then, the sound.wav files under scrutiny are actually default FS9 sounds.

Carlos Si

Verify a couple things for me/us, please!

1) You are currently using FS2004 flight sim?

2) The Marco Spada panel that you are using, are you sure it is for FS2004? You say you hear the same thing on the SGA DC9, this sounded like an "after thought," what was the other aircraft you are hearing these sounds?

3) Have you tried other panels on the aircraft that you are hearing these sounds?

4) You are going to have to "rule out" by a process of elimination! Try another panel to see if it emits the strange noises? OR, copy the panel you suspect over to another aircraft to see if your sounds start happening on those aircraft.

5) Check to see that you don't have two radios activated at the same time! Sorry, that sounds elementary and I agree with you, but, you have to rule out all possibilities! It has happened to me in both RW and flight sim. Sometimes, something that small is a quick fix, just a matter of turning off the second radio, smacking it good, and now you can listen okay!

Welcome to the world of "flight simming head scratchers!" You will get it, just got to hang in there and don't leave any rock unturned! :rolleyes:

Good luck! Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66