FSDT KLAX fps woes

JSMR

I get great performance from every major add-on out there except this one. I know it was a FSX ported back into FS9, but I still can't figure out why it doesn't get good fps.

Most places I'll get my 30 fps on 1/2 vsync but not here. I even re-sized everything to 512 textures and that made zero difference. Change NI settings and no difference.

Weird thing is, on certain views it stays locked on 30 fps. Change it slightly and its a not so smooth 17-18 or so. Noticeable. Even with no AI its the same.

Interestingly, I believe the developer made the scenery to use the GPU more. And I've noticed thats the reason for the low FPS. GPU is pegged. Maybe re-size to 256. WHo knows. Something causing high FPS...

I searched for your KLAX scenery, hoping to be able to download and test it for you but the only FSDT version I could find was a payware on their commercial site. The most logical thing would therefore be to put your problem forward to FSDT directly.

Good luck

Hans

I searched for your KLAX scenery, hoping to be able to download and test it for you but the only FSDT version I could find was a payware on their commercial site. The most logical thing would therefore be to put your problem forward to FSDT directly.

Good luck

Hans

Yes it’s the FSDT scenery. It’s already mentioned several times as to the fps issues in the past with it which the developer vehemently denies.

I guess I’ll have to just keep removing scenery files and see what causes the FPS loss.