Adding FS2002/2004 Aircraft?

ctaranovich

I’m really sorry if the answer is right in front of my eyes, but is there a file I can download that contains a compilation of the “old aircraft” from the previous versions? Thanks in advance

No because there is no guarantee ANY FS2004 aircraft will work with FSX.

And almost certainly, NO FS2002 aircraft will..

• 1 year later...
I doubt it.

If there was such a file, it would be a flagrant violation of copyright.

Wim

Umm, how would that be a violation of copyright? I'm wanting to get the 777 from FS2004 into FSX. Both are Microsoft products. Please explain how that is copyright infringement....very interested to hear your answer.

I own both versions, just wanting to dump the aircraft file from 2004 to FSX, if that's a possibility.

Edited by ctaranovich

Colin - Are you running both versions of FSX and FS2004? There are some very nice freeware B777 aircraft in this site's library. If you are set on the FS2004 default, Bob Chicilo did an update on the default B777 aircraft and it exists in this site's library. Don't know what he did to it, but you might want to look at it! Might just solve your search?

Good luck! - Rick :cool:

I was leaning the same direction as mrzippy, but, I did find on another site, where someone has converted the FS2004 777-300 to FSX. I guess the update will allow jetway acceptance?

I hate to offer up the other site, but here it is..... Simviation

file name 93updated_777-300.zip. Maybe this will work for you!

If not, lots of nice freeware Boeing 777's on this site's library!

Rick :cool:

Umm, how would that be a violation of copyright? I'm wanting to get the 777 from FS2004 into FSX. Both are Microsoft products. Please explain how that is copyright infringement....very interested to hear your answer.

I own both versions, just wanting to dump the aircraft file from 2004 to FSX, if that's a possibility.

I understood from your first post you were searching for a download, as you didn't mention owning the older versions until now, after almost a year(!).

You may as well have bought them in the meantime.

Hence my answer, which I still endorse.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I was leaning the same direction as mrzippy, but, I did find on another site, where someone has converted the FS2004 777-300 to FSX. I guess the update will allow jetway acceptance?

I hate to offer up the other site, but here it is..... Simviation

file name 93updated_777-300.zip. Maybe this will work for you!

Rick :cool:

Colin - Forget the above, I downloaded the file, just gives me textures and a note saying that a

773.zip file is also needed. I assume that is a base model. Tried it and got numerous pages of 777-300 aircraft. If you have both versions running, try what mrzippy has suggested. The thing to keep in mind your source aircraft is FS2004 and you are trying to run it in FSX, so you might need to replace the sound and panel folders to make it work!

Good luck! - Rick :cool:

Like I said, unlikely, but subject to copyright, nothing to stop you trying.

Just be aware that some aircraft will NOT work, and you may lose your entire sim installation, so keep a copy of whatever you do, so it can be reversed when it all goes wrong... Your EULA only permits you to install aircraft in one sim at a time.