"Full" Off-Line mode

From what I've been able to decipher, there is a On-line streaming mode to get the very best experience, a Semi Off-line mode where scenery can be downloaded to a cache, and a Full Off-line mode. Or last two one and the same?

Can anybody shed more information on this?

We've all seen how awesome On-Line mode is. Would be very interested to see how Off-Line mode would compare to current FSX.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Reading between the lines, Maybe scenery can be pre-downloaded & used for off-line flying. Cache'ing would be saving scenery (caching), so when flying patterns, the same scenery will not have to be streamed again when flying over the same scenery. The size of the cache can be user defined, so the bigger storage area you define, the less duplicate scenery streamed.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

From what I understand after listening to the interview, offline mode will exist in two forms. There will be cached real world files that reside on your hard disk....files you've designated for download, and default scenery that's a part of the game's default installation. If you fly into an area where there is no pre-downloaded cached scenery, the game's default scenery will load instead.

How accurate is the default scenery compared to FSX? The devs said it is accurate enough to use it for VFR.

Thanks Loki,

Correction to first post is...

Adaptive Streaming

Fully Offline Mode

Pre-Cache Mode

Fully Offline Mode

Those worried that they wouldn’t have a strong internet connection or simply don’t have one – you’ll be pleased to know that you will still have a complete experience in an offline environment. When installing the simulator, it will also include all of the real-life data such as lakes, oceans, roads, buildings and other landclass areas. Offline mode is described as “reasonably accurate” and users can still fly VFR.

How this works and the storage space required on your hard drive is not known, but I’m pretty sure it won’t require 2PB of storage (despite how quickly prices for storage is coming down).

Looks like there may be a place still for ORBX and the other developers.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro