Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FS 2020 System Requirements?

1. Default FS 2020 System Requirements?

As the title states. I know its early, but what are everyone's guesses on the system and hardware it will take to run this upcoming game? I can only imagine that it is going to take a powerful rig to run this sim on the settings we are seeing in the recent video clips.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernFried View Post
    As the title states. I know its early, but what are everyone's guesses on the system and hardware it will take to run this upcoming game? I can only imagine that it is going to take a powerful rig to run this sim on the settings we are seeing in the recent video clips.
    If you go by their last sim, the PC you own in 2034 should do it.

Seriously, nobody could answer this right now.

As Nels said, in his original Welcome post:
    It's hard to avoid that the name is confusing, as there has been versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator going back decades. So just to be clear, this forum is for the upcoming version expected to be released in 2020 and which Microsoft themself are just calling just "Microsoft Flight Simulator".

Can we all respect the fact that the developer of the sim has named it Microsoft Flight Simulator, & not FS 2020 or any other random name!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Can we all respect the fact that the developer of the sim has named it Microsoft Flight Simulator, & not FS 2020 or any other random name!
    Is it really that critical that we refer to it exactly as Microsoft does? Adding 2020 to the name removes a lot of ambiguity, depending on the conversation. Not to mention the long aviation tradition of giving aircraft, among other things, nicknames different from the official title (ex. A-10s are probably called Warthogs more often than Thunderbolt IIs).

Well the name is as what Microsoft calls it. There is actually no ambiguity at all, We have FSX, P3D, FS2004, Ford releases a new car, we don't call it Ford 2020!

In conversation we talk about FSX, P3D, XP or X-Plane, the new sim has it's name. Just respectful.

This renaming started within another site's forum, with other random namings as well, FS20 amongst them. Flightsim.com has always been a 'cleaner' less rantfull & a less arrogant site.
    Lets not be like the other.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

No but when Ford release a new car they don't just call it a Ford they give it a follow name as well so people know which model.
    You don't go in to a car dealer and say I want a ford he will ask what model.

So when people call the new sim FS2020 it lets others know they are talking about the new sim not any of the others, sure you can understand that?
    If someone posted and said MS Flight Simulator, you can bet some replies would be which one are you talking about?

Lol.. So, when Microsoft talks about Microsoft Flight Simulator, are you confused about which sim they are talking about?
    I'm sure people are not confused when they look at the forum title, and take it for granted that the contents thereof refers to the name of that sim.
    I'm sure that people are not confused, maybe you are an exception, by expecting that the forums named FS2004, FSX and Microsoft Flight Simulator will only consist of postings referring to those names.
    Really, common sense should prevail.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Ha Ha, in threads and forums it is common that other versions are mentioned, look in the FSX forum there a a few threads where someone mentions FS9 and even earlier versions, I've seen FSX mentioned in the FS9 and X-plane forum and visa versa.
    I have a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator on my PC, course you know which one I'm talking about don't you?
    I think you were just trying to be clever in your remark when you highlighted the fact that some people are calling it MS2020, where as they were just clarifying which version they were talking about.

My car is a Toyota, but you know which one, it's a Toyota, my cell phone is a Motorola, you know the one a Motorola, but you are not confused are you which ones I'm taking about?

My take on this. Confusion of names is only for those who may know of all the other versions of the game.
    MSFS is entering a new market of users (example Xbox users) where many people may only know of the new version by the name MS give it, MSFS. They may not have experienced previous versions.
    Those who have used the other MS flight sim versions should be knowledgeable enough to work out what is what.

The only way to create real confusion is to call the sims names other than what MS have actually given them imo.

Microsoft Flight Simulator
    FSX
    FS2004 or FS9

I think they are all quite clear myself for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Max50 View Post
    Microsoft Flight Simulator
    FSX
    FS2004 or FS9
    Taking the examples above, those who dislike references to FS2020 could justifiably refer to Microsoft Flight Simulator as FSXI or FS11, after all the launch of this new sim could easily be delayed until 2021...
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast