POSKY 737-600 landing gear issues

CsCsanad

Hello!

I downloaded a Boeing 737-600 model from Project Open sky (this one to be particular: https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/52-civil-aircraft/1422-boeing-737-600-multi-pack.html)

The problem with this aircraft is, when I brake at high speeds the nose gear sinks into the runway. This happened after landing and also during some aborted takeoff tests. I understood that the problem has something to do with the contact points, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Here is a screenshot, which shows what really happening every time I engage the brakes:

posky2.jpg

I hope somebody can help me here.

I use POSKY for FS2004 (Several models) and TDS for FSX which I never experienced any dipping like your having. Have you considered the TDS model? Actually TDS is some of the former POSKY members.

Just speculating, but that looks like some kind of suspension setting controlled in the panel.cfg that might do that. Or maybe the center of gravity is too far forward forcing the nose down under hard braking.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I like TDS, but never tried their 737-600. I downloaded this mainly because the Malév texture and as far as I know, there is no Malév texture for the TDS 737's.

So if I change the panel of the aircraft, the problem might be solved?

I am seeing the same thing but noticed that my POSKY 737-800 do it also to some extent. Even the default 737s do it! Weird! Further investigation needed! Might have to make the nose gear rigid?

default.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I downloaded an other pack which contains the 737-600 (this one: https://www.fs-freeware.net/component/jdownloads/download/52-civil-aircraft/2389-fsx-boeing-737-mega-package-volume-2)

In this pack, the main gears are a little bit sink, but its not terrible. The nose gear works perfectly.

I don't really know whats the difference between the two packs, but this new one is certainly better.

I downloaded an other pack which contains the 737-600 (this one: https://www.fs-freeware.net/component/jdownloads/download/52-civil-aircraft/2389-fsx-boeing-737-mega-package-volume-2)

In this pack, the main gears are a little bit sink, but its not terrible. The nose gear works perfectly.

I don't really know whats the difference between the two packs, but this new one is certainly better.

To make it simple, just copy [contact points] from the working aircraft.cfg into the one for Malev airlines.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I like TDS, but never tried their 737-600. I downloaded this mainly because the Malév texture and as far as I know, there is no Malév texture for the TDS 737's.

So if I change the panel of the aircraft, the problem might be solved?

I don't use the POSKY for FSX so can't answer that.

If you and mrzippy don't get the POSKY sorted out, there is in fact a TDS 737-600 Malev in the library (I also happen to have it installed myself)

Search for : tds_boeing_737-600_malev.zip

You will find TDS don't have a Virtual Cockpit and some of the lights don't work. However getting updated model files from TDS Facebook will solve this issue.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

CsC - Just out of curiosity, are you using the Auto Brake, and if so, what setting? I never set it any more than "1" and on some longer runways, I don't set it at all! I had to say "OUCH" when I saw your pic. This was a first for me! Good luck, and quit tearing up the asphalt!

Rick :cool:

Nope, its still not okay... I thought, if I increase some of the numbers in the nose gear contact points, that will help. The nose gear still sinking when I'm breaking, but now when I go at full speed, the nosegear starts to lift of from the ground. Its all messed up now... I realized that the contact points of the working model and the model with the sinking gear are basically the same, so changing it will not help sadly.

I guess I'm gonna use the new one I downloaded yesterday... It is way better.

Downwind66 - I never used Autobrake, I always slow the aircraft down myself. In fact, I never even tried it before. I bought FSX almost 5 years ago, but I'm nowhere near the professional level. This nose gear problem was new for me too, never seen it before and I hope I will never see it again :D