Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    They have said no subscription required.
    Then that is INDEED good news, if it is a one-off purchase.
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

2. Default

I have put so much effort into FSX, with scenery design and current projects that I am still working on. I wonder how scenery design will be incorporated in the new version or will this be so good that it won't be needed at all. ORBX has some great pay ware scenery, KPSP for instance. Can I use it in this new FS or will I even need it?

Some quick short notes:
    World VFR on release,
    2 petabytes scenery data streamed via Microsoft Azure, can be cached as well
    Dynamic stalling.. 1000 data points per surface vs 1 per FSX plane.
    Real time weather and sea... 32 levels of clouds.. Rain modeled on particles..
    Barometrics affecting aircraft. Clouds affecting aircraft. Sloped runways, wheel resistance. Using Bing world data.
    460 cities with 3cm resolution, most others 50cm.
    Development has been going on for 5 years. 2 trillion trees mapped. Interactive check lists, slopes and uneven terrain. Dynamic friction, real time AI traffic, 3rd party support. 200 developers at ASOBO, Microsofts development partner, 60% have PPLs.

4. Default

Absolutely awesome. Would like to test Alpha version in Australia. Amazing scenery and environment. Flying Pipers in real life and noted that the sim is just like that. Regards Franzair

5. Default

Like to know more about the SDK, ATC and AI, seasons, other than those, this looks like what we all want out of the box, impressive.

Too bad the audio wasn't transcripted so those of us with senior memories could return to the transcript when memory fails.

Quote Originally Posted by kalizzi View Post
    Then that is INDEED good news, if it is a one-off purchase.
    Apparently it’ll have an “offline” mode which will still give you good VFR scenery etc.This is why a subscription isn’t required.
    However, to use online mode & make use of the best scenery (which we are all drooling over) I reckon that will require a subscription.

- Steve

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    I reckon that will require a subscription.

- Steve
    I find that unlikely.

This could bring a CRAY to its knees.
    Jim
    CYWG
    Last edited by jagabom; 10-18-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimg View Post
    Much appetizing! The sole question I have is about seasons. Read and heard other interviews and didn't get a neat answer: how seasons will be rendered in terms of how landscape will look? Yes, the weather is real-time or themed. But how will the date of the flight translate into the color of trees (fall, winter, spring, etc.), snow, freezing of water areas, etc ?
    There won't be seasons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast