Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview

Blog Entries

Default Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer Interview

A great interview with a lot of information, this really has raised to bar for ALL current simulators.
    World-wide VFR!!
    Dimmable cockpit lighting
    3D cockpits (no2D)

Far better aerodynanics & stall effects among others.

Also exciting is that we are told that the sim will be an ongoing product (similar to Windows 10), with ongoing updates.

Now the wait begins..
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 09-30-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries

It really does sound promising! You mentioned the aerodynamics and ongoing product scheme, which reminded me a lot of how X-Plane works. They've been looking at the competition.

4. Default

Looks fantastic .... I hope the final product blows everybody away

5. Default

Can't wait until this comes out. Sounds great!!!

Hi Jorg Neumann & Sebastian Wloch,

First of all I am extremely excited about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, I have loved FlightSim since the 2002 release and would like to thank you very much for your efforts, time and all the work you have done in creating this beautiful new version.
    I'm an amateur scenario developer and the big question we ask is what will future designers look like with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Seeing such beautiful images, is it possible for amateur developers like me to customize my own scenarios like these?

In the interview you mentioned that will include the SDK, you can advance more information on scenario creation, many like me are counting the days to buy mine and be able to explore the possibilities of scenario development, could you tell us a little more about tools and techniques for scenario developers?

wish you much success with the New Microsoft Flight Simulator !!!
    thank you guys!

Otavio Bonomi,
    Brazil.

7. Default

Great interview! Exciting times ahead!

8. Default

Great interview Dominic! Thank you all at Flightsim for giving us this window into the new product.

This product will be the most advanced increment ever announced due to the new live wx dynamic PBR rendering engine, the aerodynamics flight modeling, and earth/sky realism taking full advantage of modern multi-gpu video capabilities like other rendering engines.

Continued SDK support for developers is certainly key to ever expanding products so that is comforting to hear.

Really looking forward to all it has to offer.

Thanks again Flightsim and Dominic Smith for the interview. Great stuff!

Milton Shupe
    Freeware Always

Well said, Milton...
    I hope you are girding your loins, & getting your team together for this...

10. Default

Fascinating interview, Dom! Anticipation is high for this one, especially considering Xbox One compatibility.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast