Emergency procedure

jbearnolimits

I just started using fspassengers and it is awesome! It helped me understand certain things I need to do in taking off as well as landing. Never knew my landing was hard before because fsx doesn't really let you know. But one blown tire and screaming passengers did the trick lol.

So I have started using it for failure simulation now. I never know what or when something is going to happen. So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some checklists or something to use in those cases?

Like say the flaps don't extend. What should I do? Or electrical goes out, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, FS-Pax was great for those things, I didn't know I was making hard landings either, too bad it doesn't look as though there will be any more versions of it for P3Dv4 and beyond.

I don't think there are actual checklists to go along with that, unless you maybe try googling for real-world procedures. Can't say how relevant they will be to flying in the sim.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

There are always procedures to follow in any aircraft, but the list is a lot longer for commercial planes. If you're flying something like a 172, there will still be a small section of the Pilot's Operating Handbook to follow. Makes it a lot harder as a single pilot though. In flight training you practice emergencies, for example: power on/off stalls, engine out, electrical system out, etc. I had one instructor make me practice night landing with no lights and no flaps. Just when I got it perfect using nothing but a flashlight he reached up, turned it off and said "It's just not your day. Your batteries are dead. What're gonna do now?" I landed just fine. On the next final, he clicked the mic three times which turns off the runway lights, then asked the same question. My answer was "Throw your evil ass outta the plane!". Those 3 landings were HARD! Another instructor taught me emergency landings without electrical (and flaps!) by showing me how to sideslip and do S turns to lose altitude and get into a short field.

You can also usually google a POH for the particular aircraft you're flying

Edited by Hossfly68