When the Weather is nice, and You Just Want to Cruise the Neighborhood!

Downwind66

Definitely relaxing! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great choice Rick, the Cub is an eternal beauty. Well done.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys! When I was growing up, I often heard people referring to any small aircraft as being a "Piper Cub!" We all know what the Piper Cub is and what it has represented all it's life, which still goes on. It is an iconic symbol in aviation history! I, for one, was fortunate to fly one in real life, not many hours under my belt, but I felt really safe and secure flying it! It was harder climbing into that very small tandem cockpit, than actually flying it! As for landing this tail dragger, that did not present itself as a problem! Yes, it's slower than what we had learned to fly, you still had to "stay one step ahead of the aircraft," but it was very docile and very forgiving! I have had this J3 sitting in my FSX hangar, neglecting it without reason, and choosing something a little faster and something more challenging. Yesterday, when I pulled this out for a short quickie flight, I then realized, just how much fun this aircraft was to fly again! Yes, it is slower, but it will still put a smile on your face!

Oh, and welcome back Khalid! You were gone for awhile! We didn't have anyone to pick on!

Rick :cool: