50 USA State Challenge! Part 28

DAVIDSTRAKA

"I was greeted in Enid last night!" In the words of Hank Williams, Jr. Next leg: Gainesville Municipal (KGLE) Gainesville, Texas to Enid Woodring Regional (KWDG) Enid, Oklahoma.

The Route:

fsscr000.jpg

Special jewel for this trip

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

Decided to buzz the tower at KOUN. University of Oklahoma Westheimer Airport along the way

fsscr005.jpg

Low over downtown Oklahoma City

fsscr006.jpg

Downwind 17 Enid

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Warbirds always bringing aerobatics, look like! :):)

Yes, for some reason I always get the urge! :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had hoped there was at least one roll to be presented in your adventure and you did it in fine fashion with the "Spit!"

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick. However, me thinks you might want to look at the aircraft a little closer :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OOPS, not a Spit? What is it?

P-40 Warhawk. At least that’s what I thought I downloaded! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, that could very well be! I had a P-40Q aircraft, but it was in polished aluminum! Maybe the Olive drab green threw me a little, but now that I look at the lower engine cowl, it does look very much like a P40! Sorry, my bad! My compliment on your roll still stands, though! Nice job, very well done!

Here's the Spit I have, looks much different than your P-40! I need to get my glasses checked!:rolleyes:

2019-9-21_13-10-16-476.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

Yep, that could very well be! I had a P-40Q aircraft, but it was in polished aluminum! Maybe the Olive drab green threw me a little, but now that I look at the lower engine cowl, it does look very much like a P40! Sorry, my bad! My compliment on your roll still stands, though! Nice job, very well done!

Here's the Spit I have, looks much different than your P-40! I need to get my glasses checked!:rolleyes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212148[/ATTACH]

No worries! I know how that Florida sunshine can play tricks on the mind :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, the same thing that snow does to the Michigan residents! :rolleyes:

Brain freeze!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A fine flight in your Warhawk David. I bet the folks in Enid thought "Pappy" Boyington was bringing the whole Flying Tigers squadron to town. :D :cool: :cool:

Did he fly the Warhawk also? Now I'm confused :D:confused:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice to see the P-40 on your trip, and of course you do some aerobatics! Enid, one of those cities I would like to visit in real life. Enjoyed your flight as usual David! :cool::cool::cool:

Straight and level all the time gets a bit boring! Thanks! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]