Pitts S-2S Special Gauges

usb777

Some of the gauges are not showing up in the Pitts Specials I downloaded from here like the Bulldog. I tried them in my 2004 FS and they show up. What am I missing?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Had no trouble loading and no bad gauge warnings. The Extra gauges in the panel.cfg just do not show up. I tried adding the extra gauges into the panel folder but guess did not have the right ones. This is just one download I tried: pitts_s2a_up.zip found here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=73168152

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

You had me scratching my head, Bean! I just tried his download and there are no FS9 Extra-300 gauges to be seen. It is using the .cab from the FSX Extra-300 and no need to OK any gauges.

Pitt.JPG

This is what my cockpit looks like....no missing gauges

Pitts pit.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Actually it is using gauges that are included in the download. The panel.cfg calls them from a file named EXTRA.cab.

This is not the default FSX Extra gauges.

That said, the panel.cfg does call for a couple gauges that do not exist in that .cab file.

gauge08=EXTRA!Starter, 189,507,67,64

...and...

gauge11=EXTRA!Low-Voltage-Light, 424,495,25,24

...are not in EXTRA.cab.

You could 'borrow' the starter switch from the default Extra if you wish.

It does appear that A.F.Scrub 'borrowed' most of the gauges from the default Extra anyway.

*cough* copyright violation *cough*

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

There is a starter key switch just below and to the left of the altimeter. The install directions were a little FERSHLUGINA, also. Mr. Scrub was saying "be sure to say OK to all gauges" even though it wasn't necessary. Edited by mrzippy

Is the starter switch in the 2D panel? I bet not.

Didn't notice...now yer gonna make me look! I did figure out that you have to click on the lightning bolt icon to bring up the switch panel with the low volt light.

panel.JPG

I stand corrected. The Pitts aircraft I am having trouble with are the Bulldog, the S2C and S2S Stock

I downloaded the S2S here

https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/88-propeller-aircraft/490-fsx-pitts-s-2s-special-package.html

Edited by usb777

Mike G.

Here's a couple pictures.

Pitts S2S

Pitts S2S.jpg

Pitts Bulldog

Pitts Bulldog.jpg

Mike G.

Mike G - I just did a search on this site's library, and all I could see was the Jim Leroy's Bulldog, downloads for FS98, FS2002 and FS2000. I didn't see his download for FS2004 or FSX. Might be your problem of not seeing gauges????

Just a thought, hope you get it sorted out! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Yes I got them from another sight but trusted Simviation and Avsim but there are pictures in the downloads showing the gauges. Also the panel.cfg is using the Extra gauges. I brought my issue up in this forum because I have found over the past fifteen years I have received the best soundest advice anywhere. I was mistaken on where I found these models. I have the Pitts models found here to. I did try the one's in question in my 2004 FS and the gauges show up. I tried a few of the 2004 extra gauges and they did not show up in FSX so the one;s I tried where obviously not the ones I needed. Here is a link to one I am having the issue if you want to take a look.

https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/88-propeller-aircraft/490-fsx-pitts-s-2s-special-package.html

Not sure why I got fixated on this aircraft but I live in Reno, NV and the air races last week I always get a piit pass and go the one of the hangers where all these Pitt's and Christian Eagles park as well the Extras. Not sure why these guys a required to even wear a parachute, Ha! Ha!

Mike G.

That download calls for the FS9 Extra gauges which have a different file name than the FSX Extra gauges.

Copy the FS9 gauges from FS9 to the panel folder in FSX and you should be good to go.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Ah, I just didn't try enough of the 2004 gauges. I went ahead and added all thirty some and now I have it. Thanks StringBean!

Mike G.

I recently had a similar issue with an FS2004 RANS S-7C Courier when using it in FSX, where some of the gauges were missing. I took a look in the panel and found a bunch of Extra 300 & Cessna 182 gauges from FS9 that weren't supported/in FSX, so I replaced all of them with some of the default Cessna 172 gauges in FSX. Worked like a charm. If your still having missing gauge issues, try replacing them with FSX gauges.