FSX v XPlane scenery?

pomak249

Just a daft question probably - but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?

Thinking of finally getting XPlane because of this very issue.

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Guest lavochkin

X_Plane 11 ROCKS. Lots of scenery and scenery libraries and a program to make your own airport scenerys ALL FREE!

The aircraft in X-Plane flys more realistic. You have to follow the check list or you will never get the engines started.

Buy X-Plane NOW!

Cheers Girls!

Cheers Brian i went searching after asking the question - shoulda done that first d'oh!

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

- but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?..Mick

Just curious, can you be more specific?

I find that, even 15 years later, there are more airports around the World, better scenery and better development tools for the MS based sims. Just about everything for XPlane is Payware / Not free, and some of the product that comes out from commercial vendors is of terrible quality.

I have many sims, and developed for most, and XP is still one of the most difficult to develop for and keep things current / working. If money is no object and you are willing to put up with a lot of frustration then, and only then, I would go the XP way.

I hope things change in the future but at this point they still do not have a light GA flight model that is credible, they keep trying to improve on something that they said 15 years ago that it was perfect.

Just curious, can you be more specific?

Just about everything for XPlane is Payware / Not free, and some of the product that comes out from commercial vendors is of terrible quality.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. If you look in our file library, you'll see thousands of free add-ons for X-Plane, many of them being of exceptional quality.

If you want a great GA flyer, check out Keith Walton's fantastic Grob Tutor:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?18920-Interview-Keith-Walton

Dom

Just a daft question probably - but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?

Thinking of finally getting XPlane because of this very issue.

Cheers

Mick

They're not.

X-plane scenery is in many cases, portovers of that of P3D.

Who told you this rubbish? I think their may be some airports and sceneries that are better in one sim than the other but a blanket conclusion fails to consider how one sim developer may be more artistic than another and is plain wrong...

They're not.

Who told you this rubbish? I think their may be some airports and sceneries that are better in one sim than the other but a blanket conclusion fails to consider how one sim developer may be more artistic than another and is plain wrong...

Are you talking about freeware or payware?

Guest lavochkin
They're not.

No Your wrong. X-Plane scenery 100% better than FSX or P3d.

I completely disagree with this statement. Freeware XP airports are better than P3D airports IMHO. The scenery gateway has hundreds of freeware airports of great quality.

I have had almost every flight sim during the years including P3D and not one holds a candle to XP.

I am not a “fan boy” but an older user that has been around dimming for a while.

I just think addon airports and scenery are better than on FSX , more detailed and more realistic in X Plane

Freeware guys the clues in the post! Theres plenty on flightsim - i guess paywares even better??

Edited by pomak249

No Your wrong. X-Plane scenery 100% better than FSX or P3d.

You can't possibly be talking about the standard scenery in XP! Good luck to those trying to cover the world in XP with believable scenery, like you can in FSX and P3D with Orbx Global and Land Class sceneries.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

You can't possibly be talking about the standard scenery in XP! Good luck to those trying to cover the world in XP with believable scenery, like you can in FSX and P3D with Orbx Global and Land Class sceneries.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Every time this argument comes up (32-bit, 64-bit, even latest Beta) this is always my answer too. Can you fly from Azerbaijan to Australia and detour to POI's along the way with the basic sim? I don't think so. Which is why X-Plane has no place on my simming computer. X-Plane scenery comes at far higher cost-per-airport than P3D. Even so-called `freeware`!

Before this becomes yet another embarrassing mud slinging exercise, I think it's important to remember that both platforms are highly regarded simulators, kept alive by a wonderful and passionate community (dare I say...too passionate at times) ;)

Each one of the simulators you enjoy, has thousands of quality freeware add-ons, uploaded by generous individuals, and as simmers, we are without doubt, spoilt for choice!

The reason I mention this is because...why aren't you guys flying?:pilot:

Banging away in the forums about which sim is better than the other is quite frankly...childish. Sure you want to stick up for it, but (from what I have seen over the years), you are highly unlikely to change the other persons views.

Download some stuff, leave a comment for the author if you enjoy it (something many developers have asked for), but please...leave the bickering out of the forums; Nels and I find it pretty tiring at times!

Your fellow flight simmer:cool::pilot::cool:

Dom