Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSX v XPlane scenery?

Question FSX v XPlane scenery?

Just a daft question probably - but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?
    Thinking of finally getting XPlane because of this very issue.
    Cheers
    Mick

X_Plane 11 ROCKS. Lots of scenery and scenery libraries and a program to make your own airport scenerys ALL FREE!

The aircraft in X-Plane flys more realistic. You have to follow the check list or you will never get the engines started.

Buy X-Plane NOW!

Cheers Girls!

Because the tools are better as well as the available basic objects and facades. Xplane has always embraced user airports with WED.

Cheers guys - can u buy boxed versions of XPlane11?

Yes...

Go to this LINK

Under the BLUE buy now button click on the Other Products link - this lists all of the buying optins...
    Regards

Brian

Cheers Brian i went searching after asking the question - shoulda done that first d'oh!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pomak249 View Post
    - but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?..Mick
    Just curious, can you be more specific?
    I find that, even 15 years later, there are more airports around the World, better scenery and better development tools for the MS based sims. Just about everything for XPlane is Payware / Not free, and some of the product that comes out from commercial vendors is of terrible quality.
    I have many sims, and developed for most, and XP is still one of the most difficult to develop for and keep things current / working. If money is no object and you are willing to put up with a lot of frustration then, and only then, I would go the XP way.
    I hope things change in the future but at this point they still do not have a light GA flight model that is credible, they keep trying to improve on something that they said 15 years ago that it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by flytv1 View Post
    Just curious, can you be more specific?
    Just about everything for XPlane is Payware / Not free, and some of the product that comes out from commercial vendors is of terrible quality.
    Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. If you look in our file library, you'll see thousands of free add-ons for X-Plane, many of them being of exceptional quality.

If you want a great GA flyer, check out Keith Walton's fantastic Grob Tutor:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...w-Keith-Walton

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by pomak249 View Post
    Just a daft question probably - but why are free XPlane addon Airports/Scenerys so much better than FSX ones?
    Thinking of finally getting XPlane because of this very issue.
    Cheers
    Mick
    They're not.
    X-plane scenery is in many cases, portovers of that of P3D.

Who told you this rubbish? I think their may be some airports and sceneries that are better in one sim than the other but a blanket conclusion fails to consider how one sim developer may be more artistic than another and is plain wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    They're not.
    X-plane scenery is in many cases, portovers of that of P3D.

Who told you this rubbish? I think their may be some airports and sceneries that are better in one sim than the other but a blanket conclusion fails to consider how one sim developer may be more artistic than another and is plain wrong...
    Are you talking about freeware or payware?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast