Virtavia Merlin

HopperFouga

Hi all, this texture Ive attached here is for the Alphasim Merlin:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=100842

This is a great repaint that I would like to add to my Virtavia Merlin but it wont show, is this because the Virtavia Merlin is different to the Alphasim one?

If it is, then is there any way I can overcome this to make it show on my Virtavia Merlin, the Virtavia Merlin does have more objects on it like antennae that the Alphasim version does not show, maybe this is the issue?

The secret is in the model= of the aircraft.cfg You need to add the correct model to it like I did. It will show the paint but might have blank areas.

[fltsim.3]

title=Westland Merlimn Bristow Helicopters (new)

sim=Merlin

model=HC3

panel=

sound=

texture=bristownew

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

prop_anim_ratio=-1.55

atc_id=

ui_manufacturer=ALPHA

ui_type=Westland Merlin

ui_variation=Bristow helicopters (new)

atc_heavy=0

atc_airline=

atc_flight_number=

description=Repaint by Andy Nott, AGN Textures\n\nwww.repaints.here.ws\n\n© AlphaSim 2006\n\nWestland Merlin\n\nThe Merlin was born out of a need for the RN to replace its aging Seakings and thus Westland entered the WG.34 design, concurrently the Italian navy was looking to do the same and thus Agusta entered the fray and a new company was formed. Eventually EH was dissolved back to the parent companies, both parties still supplying parts. Today the Merlin has been adopted by several nations, mainly in the ASW role, however the RAF opted for a modified airframe with a rear ramp, the HC3. The Merlin currently operates for the UK, Italy, Denmark, Canadian, Japanese, Portugese and US air forces.\

Virtavia

Virtavia.JPG

Alpha repaint

with alpha paint.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

AFAIK they are the same model....

A simple fix to the issue may be found in the aircraft.cfg entry for the repaints...

Here's an example:

[fltsim.0]

title=Area 51 Sim C-5M Super Galaxy

sim=Area51_C-5M_Super_Galaxy

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

The entry in RED needs to be correct and point to the model that is being used on. Cross check the Alphasim and Virtavia aircraft.cfg files and see if there are different entries and amend accordingly.

Regards

Brian

AFAIK they are the same model....

A simple fix to the issue may be found in the aircraft.cfg entry for the repaints...

Here's an example:

[fltsim.0]

title=Area 51 Sim C-5M Super Galaxy

sim=Area51_C-5M_Super_Galaxy

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=

The entry in RED needs to be correct and point to the model that is being used on. Cross check the Alphasim and Virtavia aircraft.cfg files and see if there are different entries and amend accordingly.

Checking the sim= they were the same between Virtavia and Alpha.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️