Thread: FSX Piper Warrior download not visible on SIM

1. Default FSX Piper Warrior download not visible on SIM

Hi there,
    I'm new here and a technophobe, I just downloaded a PA28 Warrior Aircraft but I can't see it when I turn on FSX, what do I do with the downloaded file in order for it to be available on my Sim?
    Thanks for your help here,
    Sarah

Blog Entries

Using computer flight simulators in generally is technically challenging, as is flying itself. You'll need to advance beyond the technophobe stage otherwise you're just setting yourself up for endless frustration.

You should always start by reading the docs (text files) inside whatever file you download. That should give you some instructions. We also have tutorials online such as this one:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?2063

Sounds like you need to know how to work with zip files. The files are zipped. So you need WinZip or 7Zip program to 'un-zip' the download files (which are compressed, or 'zipped'). In the zip download the files will have a folder structure that will place the files into you 'SimObjects\Airplanes' folder IF you have 'Use Folder Names' ticked. It is best to un-zip to a TEMP folder and then move, or copy, the folders to your 'SimObjects\Airplanes' folder. Go to YouTube to find videos on how to do all of this if you want. Good luck.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

4. Default

Hi,
    Give the name of the file you downloaded. (filename.zip) (And name of website you got it from.)

If I have time later I'll have a look at it.
    Last edited by il88pp; 09-14-2019 at 03:35 PM.