FSX Crash Effects on Default Aircraft

ctaranovich

Hello! Been flightsimming since 2002 but it’s my first time posting here.

I remember on my edition of FS2004, I had a freeware package installed that enhanced the realism of crash effects on the default FS aircraft. For example, clip a tree with one wing, that wing breaks off, plane rolls over the missing wing and crashes, etc. I’ve never been a fan of when a crash is detected, even a minor event, the game stops as soon as the incident occurs.

Anyways, I can’t find a similar file for FSX after multiple searches. Is anyone aware of such a freeware file?

Thanks in advance

Your probably thinking of "Nick's Massive Crash". I installed it to FSX and it still works.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Yes that's certainly it, thank you. Question though: I'm trying to add the visual_damage=1 line into the cfg file, but when trying to save the file, it says unable due to not having permission. I made sure the files weren't marked as "read only", and it still gives me that error. So I'm unable to edit the cfg for some reason.

Your probably thinking of "Nick's Massive Crash". I installed it to FSX and it still works.

I sure am, for some reason when I try to edit the .cfg file to enable these effects, it gives me an error saying that I don't have permission. For the record, I'm the admin account on this PC, and I made sure the cfg files weren't marked "read-only".

1. Open Notepad with right-click Run as administrator

2. Go to File > Open drop down list

3. Change from Text Documents (*.txt) to All Files (*.*)

4. Navigate to whatever your trying to edit

5. Edit

You should now be able to Save

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I sure am, for some reason when I try to edit the .cfg file to enable these effects, it gives me an error saying that I don't have permission. For the record, I'm the admin account on this PC, and I made sure the cfg files weren't marked "read-only".

Save it to your desktop first, then cut'n'paste back to the original location, saying `yes` to overwrite.