New VC upgrade for the default 737 available

BlueSox14

Hi all,

It's been many years since Alejandro Rojas Lucena released his wonderful upgraded VC for the FSX default 737-800. This has provided many simmers (including myself) with gazillions of enjoyable flight hours and has been the only option available for an improved VC.

Until now.

Last week I uploaded my own enhanced VC. I was absolutely delighted when I found out flightsim.com were promoting this as one of their 'files of the day'. A big thank you to flightsim.com staff! This awareness has helped my baby become one of the top 100 downloaded files over the last year within the space of a week.

If you like driving the FSX default 737-800 around (with or without alrot's upgraded VC), then you'll love the additional features in my own enhanced VC that I'm calling the Defaultimate 737 (search for defaultimate737.zip in the file library).

New features include:

• Enhanced cabin lighting including a dome white switch with dim and bright settings and reworked night textures
  • Panel lights can now be used any time of the day making dawn and dusk transitions even more fun
  • Switchable and dimmable display units (PFDs, MFDs)
  • Engine starter switches now include FLT & CONT settings
  • Working Autobrake switch
  • Functional Cross Feed switch
  • Functional Fuel Pumps
  • Majority of switches are animated
  • Taxi and Landing light ground splashes are now decoupled
  • Lots of bug fixes
  • And many more features!

One of my beta testers has taken a couple of awesome screenies below. If you like what you see, head over to the file library and get downloading!

Trent

2019-8-21_22-9-48-612.jpg

Note how the panel lights are on during the day? A gloomy day to be sure. Also note the wiper animation and the missing control columns? The visibility of the control columns can be toggled in order to easily access the functional display unit brightness knobs.

2019-8-21_20-30-20-138.jpg

Note the new engine starter switches which now have FLT & CONT settings.

2019-8-21_21-0-39-887.jpg

Note the improved night lighting textures.

2019-8-21_21-54-54-176.jpg

Note that it is now possible to have the taxi light on only.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Eduardo,

I'm pleased you have an interest in the Defaultimate 737.

The installation is a manual process as I didn't employ an auto installer. As such it requires that you copy required folders and files very accurately.

The steps to be followed are described on page 5 of the manual included with the download package.

**Please be sure to back up your original B737_800 folder before trying to install**

Based on what you've described, perhaps you could try to ensure that:

1) The fx_vclightha.fx file in the download effects folder has been copied to your FSX\effects folder

2) The SwitchState folders were copied over into the B737-800/panel folder

3) The panel.cfg file has been copied into your B737-800/panel folder

If this doesn't resolve your issues, feel free to email me at the email address included in the download documentation for further assistance.

Good luck!

Trent Bennett

CEO - Wheelie Bin Studios

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Eduardo,

I'm pleased you have an interest in the Defaultimate 737.

The installation is a manual process as I didn't employ an auto installer. As such it requires that you copy required folders and files very accurately.

The steps to be followed are described on page 5 of the manual included with the download package.

**Please be sure to back up your original B737_800 folder before trying to install**

Based on what you've described, perhaps you could try to ensure that:

1) The fx_vclightha.fx file in the download effects folder has been copied to your FSX\effects folder

2) The SwitchState folders were copied over into the B737-800/panel folder

3) The panel.cfg file has been copied into your B737-800/panel folder

If this doesn't resolve your issues, feel free to email me at the email address included in the download documentation for further assistance.

Good luck!

Trent Bennett

Can we use this with the Alejandro VC or u must dlt the Alejandro one?

Hi there,

The Defaultimate 737 was intended to be an upgrade of the FSX default 737-800. For that reason, the recommended install is over an original copy of the b737_800 folder.

If you no longer have the original copy of the b737_800 folder and have installed the Alejandro Rojas Lucena upgrade you have a couple of options:

1) Back up the existing b737_800 folder that contains the Alejandro Rojas Lucena upgrade. Put it away somewhere safe.

2) Try to install the Defaultimate 737 over your existing b737_800 folder making sure to carefully copy all files from the download package. I can't really see any reason why this shouldn't work, even over the top of the Alejandro Rojas Lucena upgrade as long as you copy all files from the download package.

3) However, if step 2 doesn't work then restore the backup you made in step 1. Alejandro Rojas Lucena included an uninstall option which should revert your b737_800 folder back to original. Then try installing the Defaultimate 737.

4) If none of the above work, you'll really need to get your hands on an original b737_800 folder by perhaps reinstalling a temporary copy of FSX somewhere and extracting the folder that way. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Good luck!

Trent

Hi there again,

I suspect I might have misunderstood your question. In addition to my earlier response, I want to make it clear that the Defaultimate 737 install includes an upgraded VC with many many switches and knobs now animated. If you install the Defaultimate 737, it will not work properly with Alejandro's VC.

If you want, you can have both the Alejandro Rojas Lucena upgrade installed as well as the Defaultimate 737. You will need them in two separate folders under your /SimObjects/Airplanes folder (for example b737_800_defaultimate).

If this is something you want to do, then keep in mind that you will need to make some changes to the following files:

aircraft.cfg - requires a number of changes to the title, ui_type and ui_createdby from memory. These changes need to be made for every single livery in this file.

panel.cfg - requires the directory to be updated for gauges 34, 35

XMLSOUND_Default.ini - requires directory to be updated for each sound

So, as you can see, there is a bit of mucking about.

So, it is possible if that is what you want. Why not make a back up of your existing Alejandro Rojas Lucena install, put it away somewhere safe. Try out the Defaultimate 737 using the steps in my earlier response, and if you don't like it, you can always restore the Alejandro Rojas Lucena upgrade.

Let me know how you get on and what you think of my upgrade!

Trent

Edited by BlueSox14
Missing content added

• 6 months later...
Hi, I downloaded the go today and followed the instructions. It looks great but to turn on the cockpit lights I have to hold down shift L and they won’t stay on without me holding down the buttons. I understand if you can’t reply because the forum is quite old but do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in my upgrade for the default FSX 737.

It's difficult to diagnose this on the information you've provided. Below are just a couple of things I can suggest:

• Please make sure you install over the original b737_800 folder (after making a copy first of course).
  • Please make sure you have followed the installation instructions provided closely.
  • In your panel.cfg file, make sure either gauge31 OR gauge32 is commented out with the //. I suggest that gauge32 is commented out (leaving gauge31 active). If those aren't there, then double check you have copied over the upgraded panel.cfg file.
  • Make sure the SwitchState folder has been copied to your panel folder.
  • Make sure you have copied the fx_vclightha.fx to your FSX\effects folder

Try those out and let me know how you get on.

Trent

• 1 month later...

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF]

[TD]FSX - FSX PanelsFSX Defaultimate 737 Virtual Cockpit Enhancement

[ Download | View ]

Name: defaultimate737.zip

Size: 10,278,608 Date: 08-31-2019 Downloads: 1,708

defaultimate737.gif

FSX Defaultimate 737 Virtual Cockpit Enhancement. Wheelie Bin Studios presents the Defaultimate 737, the ultimate virtual cockpit enhancement for the FSX default Boeing 737-800. Included in this package are many bug fixes (cross feed switch, engine start up etc.), working autobrake knob, vast majority of VC switches now animated, decoupled taxi and landing lights, switchable and dimmable display units, enhanced cabin lighting including a dome white light, panel lights that can be used any time of day and reworked night textures, wiper animation, engine starter switches now given flt and cont settings, enhanced fuel management (pumps and cross feed), enhanced strobe and navigation light control, autopilot bank angle bezel, cold and dark starts, ability to install FMC into the VC and much more! Refer to included documentation for credits and further information. By Trent Bennett.

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]defaultimate737-b1.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This downloaded fine for me!

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

You need to follow the installation instructions very carefully. Please go back and review the included documentation with the download.

If you continue to have problems, send me an email to the address provided in the documentation.

Above all else, before trying to install this update, make sure you manually make a back up of your B737_800 folder!!!

Trent

Wheelie Bin Studios