Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FS 2004 in windows 10 cannot save or load flight plans or flights how to fix

1. Default

Appearently from what I read there should be a dll file called language dll in my Flight Simulator Files folder for the flightplanner to work again. I have no back up for that dll. Can anyone who has this file plase send it to me at [email protected]

Im hoping this will repair my issues.

T.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by djteknobrat View Post
    Appearently from what I read there should be a dll file called language dll in my Flight Simulator Files folder for the flightplanner to work again. I have no back up for that dll. Can anyone who has this file plase send it to me at [email protected]

Im hoping this will repair my issues.

T.
    Hello
    I believe that Windows 10 will automatically download the language.dll if it detects a program that requires it ,so I would have thought that as Fs9 does require it ,10 would have done just that.
    Iam not great techno expert.
    Others may chip in to help you.

Cheers Andy

AFAIK the language.dll file is found in your main FS2004 folder - mine is. If you need one in the other folder, just copy and paste it in.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi

Just a quick question, what is the location of your Flight Simulator Files
    folder, mine is at the following location,

C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Flight Simulator Files,

I believe it is essential that it is in this location, and I can't believe that FS9
    would of installed anywhere else, but it would be worth double checking
    I guess,

Just my 10 pence worth

Good luck

5. Default

Only skimmed the thread but if language.dll isn't there, FS won't even open.
    Mark Daniels

6. Default

Are you using different accounts on your machine? Different Flight Simulator Files folders may exist under various user accounts and you maybe try then to access your pln files from the wrong one.

If so, when running Fs9 without admin rights under your normal user account, make sure your PLN plan files are stored in

C:\{current user}\documents\Flight Simulator Files\*.pln

If you run with admin rights FS9.exe tries to access the plans from

C:\{admin user}\...\

I had a similar problem, but found the a solution. It was a Windows issue with "Access to controlled folders". The quote is from another forum:

"Okay, this looks a lot like a problem I found after a major upgrade from Windows 10 to version 1803.
    For me it happened a little worse, FSX-SE did not find a standard flight, so I did one but did not solve, my missions, flight plans and saved flights were not accessed, but I knew everything was in place.
    In the antivirus protection of Windows 10 there is a Protection against Ransomware option and then Access to Controlled Folders, the latter by default comes off but for some reason on without my interference.
    We can off and access is normal, or give special privileges to applications that will have access to controlled folders.
    I am using Google translator but I believe that with will understand what I am posting"

8. Default

It is in that location, but still my flightplanner keeps on telling me I cant load or save flights.

9. Default

I run with Admin rights,

do I have to copy the deafult flight simulator files folder to a new location ?

All this ticking the boxes to continue with windows 7.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast