FS 2004 in windows 10 cannot save or load flight plans or flights how to fix

djteknobrat

Since March 2019 I have not been able to load or save flight plans on my fs 2004

or save flights as well.

When I do I get an error saying I can only load or save it in my flight simulator files in documents.

I do have those folders in the right locations I tried everything and cannot find any solution.

I even copied those folders in the c: drive main directory and nothing.

Its super frustrating and makes my FS9 obsolete if I cant make or save flights

screenshot included

can anyone give me tips on fixing this.

Thanks in advanceload error.jpg

Thomas

Thomas,

Have you been using your FS2004 normally and problem free before March 2019 ? If this is the case, then your "Flight Simulator Files" folder containing all your saved flights/flightplans, is either corrupt, is no longer positioned where it should be or has somehow been deleted.

If it's a problem, which showed up directly or very shortly after installing your FS2004, then it seems that you installed it in it's default positions, which is known to produce a whole range of unpredictable problems and especially with Win10.

In both cases I suggest that you un-install your existing FS2004, clear up any risidual files/folders and that you then perform a complete re-install but this time in any other HD partition or separate HD than the one in/on which your Win10 lives.

Good luck

Hans

Since March 2019 I have not been able to load or save flight plans on my fs 2004

or save flights as well.

When I do I get an error saying I can only load or save it in my flight simulator files in documents.

I do have those folders in the right locations I tried everything and cannot find any solution.

I even copied those folders in the c: drive main directory and nothing.

Its super frustrating and makes my FS9 obsolete if I cant make or save flights

screenshot included

can anyone give me tips on fixing this.

Thanks in advance[ATTACH=CONFIG]211862[/ATTACH]

Thomas

Hello

I had this exact same problem myself about a year ago.

I did solve it but simply can't remember how.

However please check out this post of mine from some time ago that addressed this very same problem ,it may give you some clues as to solving it.

I can assure you FS2004 runs perfectly well on Windows 10

This is the link ,I hope it works .

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?309603-Now-i-cant-save-flights-Win-10-problem&highlight=saved+flight+plans

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Hello Walter prior to MARCH 2019 I could run the flight planner and fs9 worry free everything was working.

I looked at the links of the thread.

i removed all residual files of fs9 in Program Files, App Data local and roaming folders.

Did a fresh install of fs9 without any addons.

Im still getting that same message that I can only save or load files in the Flight Simulator folder.

Is there is special place in my C: drive I should move my Flight Simulator folder to fix this problem.

The good news is since my fresh re install at least I can go to the default flight.

But still cant load or save flight in the flight planner

Al Haynes passed August 2019. United Airlines issued a statement thanking him for "his exceptional efforts aboard Flight UA232". Here is a graphic of the flight path after engine failure. Amazing.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 1 month later...

I tried re installing everything fresh on the C: Drive,

deleted all the residual files in App Data, Roaming etc....

And still I Cannot load or save my flights in the flight planner.

Even on a fresh install without addons or running it in Windolws XP SP2 compability mode.

I keep on getting the same error message show in the original screenshot of this thread.

Anyone has an idea how I can fix the problem.

I tried re installing everything fresh on the C: Drive,

deleted all the residual files in App Data, Roaming etc....

And still I Cannot load or save my flights in the flight planner.

Even on a fresh install without addons or running it in Windolws XP SP2 compability mode.

I keep on getting the same error message show in the original screenshot of this thread.

Anyone has an idea how I can fix the problem.

Hello

Have you got two installations of Fs9 on the same pc by any chance?

As I mentioned in an earlier post I had exactly the same problem as you, and that I believe was the cause .

Take a look at this reply from longbreak 754 when he was trying to help me solve the same problem you are experiencing................

Hi Andrew,

I think the problem maybe related to having two installs that might be sharing the same default folders/data that is stored outside of the sim main folder. The fact that they are installed on the same drive is not the issue as for all intents and purposes they are individual BUT both installs would have written data into the same default areas mentioned below.

By default, a number of files (like the logbook, saved flight plans etc) are stored outside of the sim in a number of locations......

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

C:\Documents\

You may find that each of these areas may have TWO entries but I suspect that there is a conflict between them somewhere..............

Longbreak 754 (Peter) really knows his stuff so if you could get in touch with him he maybe be able to help you further.

Cheers Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

There is only one install of my fs9.

Is there something the Windows 10 updates perhaps did that corrupted my Flight Simulator Flightplan folders.

They are still there and I can find them with my flightplanne, but they are all greyed out instead of black and cannot load or save anything.

Is there a way I can correct this with the registry or in the properties of the folders in question.

There is only one install of my fs9.

Is there something the Windows 10 updates perhaps did that corrupted my Flight Simulator Flightplan folders.

They are still there and I can find them with my flightplanne, but they are all greyed out instead of black and cannot load or save anything.

Is there a way I can correct this with the registry or in the properties of the folders in question.

Did you "upgrade" Windows 10 to 1903? I had a perfectly working FS9 on Windows 10 1803. After I "upgraded" to 1903 my FS9 will no longer start. I get an out of memory error that says I do not have enough room on my hard drive. I have a 4TB HDD with only 2.5TB being used. I have tried everything I can except a reinstall and nothing works. I am mentioning this only because you asked if a Windows 10 update can mess up FS9. Yes it can. Luckily I still run another HDD with Windows XP on it used only for FS9. I installed it when FS9 first came out and continue to back it up.

Appearently from what I read there should be a dll file called language dll in my Flight Simulator Files folder for the flightplanner to work again. I have no back up for that dll. Can anyone who has this file plase send it to me at djteknobrat@rogers.com

Im hoping this will repair my issues.

T.

Hello

I believe that Windows 10 will automatically download the language.dll if it detects a program that requires it ,so I would have thought that as Fs9 does require it ,10 would have done just that.

Iam not great techno expert.

Others may chip in to help you.

Cheers Andy

Hi

Just a quick question, what is the location of your Flight Simulator Files

folder, mine is at the following location,

C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Flight Simulator Files,

I believe it is essential that it is in this location, and I can't believe that FS9

would of installed anywhere else, but it would be worth double checking

I guess,

Just my 10 pence worth:)

Good luck

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

Are you using different accounts on your machine? Different Flight Simulator Files folders may exist under various user accounts and you maybe try then to access your pln files from the wrong one.

If so, when running Fs9 without admin rights under your normal user account, make sure your PLN plan files are stored in

C:\{current user}\documents\Flight Simulator Files\*.pln

If you run with admin rights FS9.exe tries to access the plans from

C:\{admin user}\...\

I had a similar problem, but found the a solution. It was a Windows issue with "Access to controlled folders". The quote is from another forum:

"Okay, this looks a lot like a problem I found after a major upgrade from Windows 10 to version 1803.

For me it happened a little worse, FSX-SE did not find a standard flight, so I did one but did not solve, my missions, flight plans and saved flights were not accessed, but I knew everything was in place.

In the antivirus protection of Windows 10 there is a Protection against Ransomware option and then Access to Controlled Folders, the latter by default comes off but for some reason on without my interference.

We can off and access is normal, or give special privileges to applications that will have access to controlled folders.

I am using Google translator but I believe that with will understand what I am posting"

I found and fixed the issue. It was a setting in my Windows Defender Security Center, Virus & Threat protection settings, I had to go into Controlled Folder access then click managed folder access and turn off Controlled folder access. after months of trying to find the issue it was a small stupid setting like this that was not letting me save or load flight or use my flight planner or GPS. Thanks to everyone for giving my ideas and tips on this.

I found and fixed the issue. It was a setting in my Windows Defender Security Center, Virus & Threat protection settings, I had to go into Controlled Folder access then click managed folder access and turn off Controlled folder access. after months of trying to find the issue it was a small stupid setting like this that was not letting me save or load flight or use my flight planner or GPS. Thanks to everyone for giving my ideas and tips on this.