Howard 500

zswobbie1

The Howard 500 downloads confuses me a bit..;

There are the base files hw5vc4.zip & the Howard_500_fix.zip

Then there's the cargo updates: DVFC_500.zip & the hw5c4.zip ... , & then there's hw5cfgup.zip

Which base file is correct & also which cargo mod?

As for the cfg upd?

Any ideas will be much appreciated

Many thanks.

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

It's been awhile for me, but I downloaded mine using the hw5svc4.zip download. I have since then added about 4 more repaints to it. I really don't know what the Howard_500_fix.zip is. I know they were coming out with a download to convert the FS2004 to FSX native.

You will be good to go with just the hw5svc4.zip and then add any repaints as you like, there are plenty! Cargo mods I didn't do, and that is probably nothing more than a repaint, but I might be wrong. Start with the basic and enjoy. This aircraft is such a joy, it can be addictive, and it does have many repaints out there!

Rick :cool:

Yeah, Robin, I just looked at my original post about the Howard 500 and you posted a very well written article on the 500! So, at the time, you had to have more knowledge of the 500, almost like you did in fact have the 500 downloaded!

Anyway, welcome back to one of Milton Shupe's best download!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick,

I've set up yet another FS2004 install with Milton's (& team) iconic aircraft: The Howards, D18 collection, Aerocommanders, Harpoon, Lodestars, Ventura's, XP-54's, A-26, Spartan, the Grumman 7's etc... the list just goes on..

There's enough of of them for a whole sim install. Now to find suitable scenery for it.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The Howard is a great plane, as long as you fly it "by the book". I've probably crashed it more often than any other aircraft except the X-15.

For many of the aircraft you list, you might like the Golden Wings scenery; a bit more modern are the numerous recreations of 1950s airports.

Thanks, I've had a Golden Wings install for many years, with all of the Bill Lyons addons and other period aircraft and scenery. I really enjoy the age of the low's & slow's.

I got all of Milton & teams aircraft installed as well.

Love them all.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa