Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer control problem

52zebra

Can anyone tell me how to tweak this Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer to stop the oscillation in the controls .

I have already calibrated my stick so I have ruled that out as the problem.

I'm adding a link to a video where you can see what I mean.

At the beginning of the video I have the auto pilot on but during landing you can really see the oscillation .

The controls are very touchy .

Flight model by Krzysztof Malinowski

Freeware aircraft? Link or file name? Looks like a normal, wanky pilot landing his aircraft. Found it in the Library. I will give it a go and see if I'm just as wanky landing it!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Nope, she's butter smooth on landing approach. Also while hand flying my circuit. Only slight wing roll as I maneuvered towards the landing threshold. Definitely used flaps, but not full flaps.

A keeper! Thank you Mr. Scrub!:D

52zebra - I too, downloaded probably the same aircraft Mrzippy downloaded and I got the same results, smooth as butter as he says. BUT, I am not sure we are flying the same aircraft that you are?? In your video, I see an aircraft number displayed as X525. My download by AF Scrub says R582. You might want to find where you downloaded your aircraft from. I think it is different, and, your issues may very well not show up in ours?

Good luck, it is a very nice looking aircraft, indeed, and like MrZ, it will be a keeper for me also!

Rick

In the original post "Flight model by Krzysztof Malinowski " Looking in the library, those are FS2002 models. That may be why you are having difficulties. Use the one for FSX by A.F. Scrub.

In the original post "Flight model by Krzysztof Malinowski " Looking in the library, those are FS2002 models. That may be why you are having difficulties. Use the one for FSX by A.F. Scrub.

mrzippy - I guess turned out to be one of those "not so important" requests for help?? Either 52zebra quit flying or just decided to continue to be a wanky pilot with his Privateer? I know yours is flying well as mine is too! Have a nice day!

Rick :cool:

mrzippy - I guess turned out to be one of those "not so important" requests for help?? Either 52zebra quit flying or just decided to continue to be a wanky pilot with his Privateer? I know yours is flying well as mine is too! Have a nice day!

Thanks, Rick! Stay safe with this crazy storm approaching and not knowing which direction it will take!;)

Thanks, Rick! Stay safe with this crazy storm approaching and not knowing which direction it will take!;)

it is a crazy storm for sure! 150 MPH winds, they are predicting it to turn north away from us, but, here again, they don't have a crystal ball! It could very well turn back to the south towards us!!! :rolleyes: I won't breathe better until about Wednesday when they say it will be out of this area!!

Thanks for the concern and best wishes, Charlie!