Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rewiring Saitek ps/2 throttle with a 3-axis joystick controller board

Again, I'm not an expert with this stuff by any means. And keep in mind that calling
    Yellow Ground here is just as example. It could just as easily be one of the other colours. So measure all three wires.
    I was an E-Tech from the start of my career. The Navy was kind enough to send me to enough schools that I hold the Naval equivalent of a BS in Electronic Engineering. I worked on radar systems for the Phantom II, in addition to a few other jobs the Corps thought I was good for.
    Hence, my screen name. Adjusting electronic circuits is called "tweaking" them. I tweaked on Phantoms, see?
    After I got out, I went to work on a different radar system, but Radar is Radar. I worked electronics a long time.
    I was also micro- and mini-component replacement, including multi-layer board repair, which is a royal pain. That's why I got so bloody verbose. Sorry if I was too long-winded...

Anywho, I just thought the info was important. I just hope it helps a little
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

PhantomTweak,

Thank you so much for your services to our country.
    Your unselfish contributions will never be forgotten.

God Bless you and your family.

Me? I would just use 2 sidewinders. Make the one on right for flight controls and the one on the left strictly for throttle(s). You can then map the 4 buttons for engine 1, 2, 3 and 4. You can use forward push of stick to give throttle (to the 'selected' engine(s) picked by use of buttons 1-4). On stick are other 'thumb' buttons you can map to F1 (cut) and F4 (full). Setting up controls thru FSX, and/or FSUIPC, would be much easier to do than to re-wire the whole thing - which might not even work. My 2 cents.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I live on venus where we cook eggs on our heads.

From what I understand, the ground plane is necessary, correct me if i'm wrong. I think I'll try to find another stick without the base plate/ground, since I don't want to deal with it, and I could find another, more compact one, for really cheap. This would be my first controller mod, and I don't want things to get too complex. If you have any easy suggestions for the base plate, let me know. I just want to keep it as tidy as possible, not too many loose wires/components. Also, PhantomTweak, ntydk, and whoever I missed, thanks, the instructions on wiring are clear and helpful!

Can you say 'DOOMED' (hehe).
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3