cockpit night lighting too bright

ira

At the bottom of the panel cfg, how do you change the bright night lighting for the DC 3's to red, green, blue or yellow?

Please give an example of the numbers to use for lower light night flying.

Hi,

The line in my cfg file is:

Night=225,117,89

That is the default color, which is a somewhat bright orange.

To see what you would like to use, open MS Paint (Start button, All Programs, Accessories folder, Paint).

Click on the Edit Colors button at the upper right.

The then enter the numbers above in the Red, Green, and Blue boxes at the far right (Red 227, Green 117, Blue 89). When you do, you will get an orange color square to the left of the 6 boxes. That is the current color. To change that you can drag the black cross around in the rainbow square. Once you get a color you like, use the Darkness slider to the right of the rainbow square to get the lightness you want.

Then read the Red, Green, and Blue numbers in the 3 boxes we entered numbers into above, and edit your panel.cfg file with those new numbers. Try it in FS. Then edit them as necessary to get it perfect.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

• 2 weeks later...
There is a good tutorial on cockpit nighttime lighting here in the library by David "Opa" Marshall.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=72784648

That link didn't work.

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson

Hi,

The line in my cfg file is:

Night=225,117,89

That is the default color, which is a somewhat bright orange.

To see what you would like to use, open MS Paint (Start button, All Programs, Accessories folder, Paint).

Click on the Edit Colors button at the upper right.

The then enter the numbers above in the Red, Green, and Blue boxes at the far right (Red 227, Green 117, Blue 89). When you do, you will get an orange color square to the left of the 6 boxes. That is the current color. To change that you can drag the black cross around in the rainbow square. Once you get a color you like, use the Darkness slider to the right of the rainbow square to get the lightness you want.

Then read the Red, Green, and Blue numbers in the 3 boxes we entered numbers into above, and edit your panel.cfg file with those new numbers. Try it in FS. Then edit them as necessary to get it perfect.

Hope this helps,

Oh great. Now I've got something else to fool around with and waste time. :p

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson

Let's do this the easy way!

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. Modifying Cockpit Nighttime Lighting

[ Download | View ]

Name: ckpl_tut.zip

Size: 2,310,914 Date: 10-26-2005 Downloads: 1,638

ckpl_tut.gif

Modifying Cockpit Nighttime Lighting in FS2004 - an Illustrated Tutorial. This tutorial will show you how to easily modify the night time lighting of virtually any panel. Also included is a replacement set of panel icons which can be used to light the default panel icons at night also. No programming knowledge is required. The tutorial uses the default B737-400 as an example but the concept may be applied to any panel. Please unzip (using folders option) to a temporary location and follow the tutorial instructions. Compiled in .doc and .pdf formats for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Let's do this the easy way!

What you posted earlier was clear as a bell. Thanks. Now I just have to decide whether I want the kind of red lights they use on ships or some other color.

BTW, what's the "Luminous" setting for?