Added a second Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon to my hangar!

Another nice addition! Get some high school students to polish that baby! :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Already tried, they said it's too hot out and way to big for their liking! I'll have to do it myself!

Rick :cool:

Kids...:rolleyes:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know what, David? These developers create these freeware downloads for us, and I thank them every chance I get. They want to take warbirds such as this beauty, and give it the look of being a WWII workhorse that has had little time for any exterior attention, and this is what we get. This bird is a real beauty, even without the washing and polishing to make it a current day "Queen/King" with the high polished bare aluminum finish! I am a freek for high polished aluminum, but this didn't come to me that way, so I have to accept it the way it is! I do love freeware, and the developers out there are our hero's for sure!

We continue to enjoy your adventure, David! Keep up the good work!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

I had ever this flying color black US Navy. :cool:

Nice One! History

Firefalcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

You know what, David? These developers create these freeware downloads for us, and I thank them every chance I get. They want to take warbirds such as this beauty, and give it the look of being a WWII workhorse that has had little time for any exterior attention, and this is what we get. This bird is a real beauty, even without the washing and polishing to make it a current day "Queen/King" with the high polished bare aluminum finish! I am a freek for high polished aluminum, but this didn't come to me that way, so I have to accept it the way it is! I do love freeware, and the developers out there are our hero's for sure!

We continue to enjoy your adventure, David! Keep up the good work!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Oh no doubt about it! The talent the developers have, the time they put in to give us this pleasure is beyond words! Heros of the flight sim world!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jan - I am going to ask you a serious question! What will the air tanker do for me that the 2 Harpoons that I currently have, won't do?

fsxharptanker-b2.jpg

fsxharptanker-b4.jpg

Looks really exciting to some, but not for me :rolleyes:. I was only commenting that I like polished aluminum on some of my aircraft. Milton elected to give us

an aged, rugged look which is fine for me!

Rick

I agree about a lot of the models, I wish I had the talent to do it, but knowing me with my fictional stuff I'm sure a lot of mine would be concept aircraft.

I once asked a model maker if ever he fancied doing something out of the ordinary like making a Boeing 737 a prop job and he said he would never do anything like that, he said if he makes a model it has to be a real aircraft.

But some do make concepts and some are good but I will admit a lot are not in my mind even though I couldn't make one.

Col.

Amen to all the praise for the Developers, and Mr Shupe is up there with the best of them!!

But this talk of polished metal reminds me of a real story - a Hunting Pembroke was based in Germany with the RAF during the Cold War as a transport aircraft for the Senior Staff. The underside of the fuselage was bare metal and it was regularly polished to a high shine. So much so that the aircraft finally had to be scrapped because the mechanics had polished all the rivet heads to below minimum size!! The aircraft is apparently now in a museum in England.

My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

Well, Dave, you can rest assured that I won't be polishing hard enough to effect the rivet head size, not on these aircraft! My Grandpa had a bare metal Cessna 180 and he used to take me out to his hangar to help him polish that bad boy! He knew I liked his airplane rides and he only got a little of my elbow grease before I tired out, so he settled for what he could get, and we did that several times before the job was complete! Took awhile!

Amen to all the praise for the Developers, and Mr Shupe is up there with the best of them!!

But this talk of polished metal reminds me of a real story - a Hunting Pembroke was based in Germany with the RAF during the Cold War as a transport aircraft for the Senior Staff. The underside of the fuselage was bare metal and it was regularly polished to a high shine. So much so that the aircraft finally had to be scrapped because the mechanics had polished all the rivet heads to below minimum size!! The aircraft is apparently now in a museum in England.

Like that fine bureaucratic story!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

We are fortunate that the guys in Germany had to keep themselves occupied by polishing aircraft. If the Russkies had come over the Wall they would have been very busy indeed!
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

I really have fun watching some of the animations on these downloads. Really adds some realism to them if you look closely. I am really enjoying this second Lockheed Harpoon!

2019-8-25_18-13-12-718.jpg

Yesterday, I tried a 230 mile trip to see how the fuel consumption went on a powered up cruise. At 32" MP and 2200 RPM, each engine was consumming about 75 gph fuel, so it does get thirsty. I added a Shadin fuel monitor so I could watch comsumptions at various power settings and that is interesting to watch! Yeah, I know, I need to get another life! Hey, I got one now!