FSX Gold Edition

bert1937

Hi, I'm very new here. I have The FSX Gold Division, complete with the acceleration pack. However, I am unable to instal it. It used to run very well on Windws 7, and when I installed Windows 10. it was working fine. But I haf to reformat my computer and now it refuses to instal, all I get is error messages. And I also had big problems with the activation of the simulator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bert

Hi, I'm very new here. I have The FSX Gold Division, complete with the acceleration pack. However, I am unable to instal it. It used to run very well on Windws 7, and when I installed Windows 10. it was working fine. But I haf to reformat my computer and now it refuses to instal, all I get is error messages. And I also had big problems with the activation of the simulator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bert

What do the error messages say?

Have you tried installing `as administrator`? And OUTSIDE of the Program Files (x86) folder?

I could speculate that after the reformatting, the installer still thinks you have it installed and throws a fit.

There are several threads about uninstalling it completely, then you should be able to proceed.

Mallcott also has a very valid point, as UAC under Win 10 seems to be much more intrusive than it used to be. Therefore, absolutely run the installation as Administrator, and be certain to install OUTSIDE the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders... this will save you tons of troubles later on.

Jorgen

Missing something here...If you reformatted your computer (Wipe the drive clean), why would it not install on a fresh install of Windows 10? Unless you mean to say your attempting to install it again after a failed install.

Microsoft Activating it is another matter

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro